Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,023 times

Advertisements

The OP mentioned seven cases where whites were victimized by black suspects. A lot of celebrities hire black bodyguards, so maybe these white victims would've been safer if they were hanging-out with black people.

By the way, first, they have to get past being frowned upon, by other whites, for simply having black friends. Then, I'm sure, no robber would target them. Believe me, the safest white person is a white person who's walking with a black person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
The OP mentioned seven cases where whites were victimized by black suspects. A lot of celebrities hire black bodyguards, so maybe these white victims would've been safer if they were hanging-out with black people.

By the way, first, they have to get past being frowned upon, by other whites, for simply having black friends. Then, I'm sure, no robber would target them. Believe me, the safest white person is a white person who's walking with a black person.
I know there are problems but people need to pay attention to who and what's in their surroundings.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM

I like the way NO ONE is going near my "black friend" suggestion. I'm sure most whites must be thinking, I am not being seen, on the northside, walking with a black person. :chuckles:

Last edited by Just1Fan; 07-18-2013 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM

190 posts, read 315,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
Did you not read the post above about the RAP's?

The city is fudging the numbers by issuing RAP's instead of actual case numbers. This causes actual crimes that can be tracked to no longer show up in the reports. This makes it look like the crimes never happened.

You can ask almost anyone who lives in Boystown, and they will tell you that the crime at night is downright horrible...lots of "tension" when you walk streets such as Aldine or Newport....the residents are SICK of it and we are working to get the condo boards to work together for a solution.
i know a group of 3 young 20's females that live in boystown and they say they feel relatively safe in the surrounding area.

granted, they didn't grow up in naperville, so that might be the issue.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
I like the way NO ONE is going near my "black friend" suggestion. I'm sure most whites must be thinking, I am not being seen, on the northside, walking with a black person. :chuckles:
No one's going near it because the way you presented it was retarded.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM

801 posts, read 2,566,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I didn't know that this was going on in front of COH. I know most kids that go to COH have serious issues. That is so sad.

Would it be better if they relocated the center? COH has been a problem for the residents since being there. There is too much tension between the residents and the youth. I personally think some of it's racial but I don't have enough info to throw it out as a definite. Either way the center needs to be moved.
Or they need to build a satellite center that's closer to the people who are in need of services. There's no reason they can't build a small unit south of Madison that would extend their reach.

I still don't get why they had to build a multimillion dollar showcase building in Lakeview, when they could have built four or five non-descript, functional buildings in various parts of the metropolitan area that could have provided the same level of or a greater level of social services. I think the organization has an ego problem.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
Or they need to build a satellite center that's closer to the people who are in need of services. There's no reason they can't build a small unit south of Madison that would extend their reach.

I still don't get why they had to build a multimillion dollar showcase building in Lakeview, when they could have built four or five non-descript, functional buildings in various parts of the metropolitan area that could have provided the same level of or a greater level of social services. I think the organization has an ego problem.
They probably don't want to pay for redundant staff as well as utilities and taxes at multiple locations.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
No one's going near it because the way you presented it was retarded.
Oh, that explains why you're the only one who understood.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:16 PM

20 posts, read 29,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Wildings in Edgewater (or rogers or uptown)? I lived there for over ten years and have never heard of a wilding.
That's because Wildlings live north of the Wall, silly! You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Can you tell I miss Game of Thrones?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoviv View Post
That's because Wildlings live north of the Wall, silly! You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Can you tell I miss Game of Thrones?
Nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago