Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
He did post that 2 weeks ago when Metra was not going to accept Ventra.
And when there were stories indicating that they were considering it, and might end up doing it, which they ultimately did. It was just comical that he was so quick to dismiss what others were saying, like he had some kind of insider knowledge or something. The people who posted that it might happen weren't just pulling it out of their arse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 05:46 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
Their bugged site charged me multiple times after I tried to sign up for a card unsuccessfully due to bugs/errors on their site. I think all of those problems are fixed now, but I have to work on getting a refund. Err!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 PM

123 posts, read 152,838 times
I'm liking Ventra so far. It was a surprisingly smooth process this morning buying a card. I registered it once I got to work and the $5 was automatically added back to the card. No problems going through the turnstiles today so far. I'm sure some stations had huge lines to buy cards, but I'm up at Kedzie so it was smooth sailing.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
Question. If I want to buy monthlies like I've been doing at Walgreens, do I just go to the machines and buy monthlies every 30 days? Do I need to register those cards each time I buy one?

Or do I have to buy one card, register it, then use that card at the machines when I buy another month?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:00 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
I'm liking Ventra so far. It was a surprisingly smooth process this morning buying a card. I registered it once I got to work and the $5 was automatically added back to the card. No problems going through the turnstiles today so far. I'm sure some stations had huge lines to buy cards, but I'm up at Kedzie so it was smooth sailing.
A bunch of people were using them this morning, i didn't notice any problems either.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times
Have we reached the date yet when the Chicago Card Plus stops working? I guess that's when I will need to switch to Metra. For those of you making the switch, is that what you're switching from?

Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Have we reached the date yet when the Chicago Card Plus stops working? I guess that's when I will need to switch to Metra. For those of you making the switch, is that what you're switching from?
I have my Chicago Card through my employer, it still works but they are switching it to Ventra by year end or something like that. It's all handled by the employer's system so I don't really have to do anything.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:57 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
I've had the Ventra card for a week now. (I go to DePaul and we got them as our UPasses)

Anyway, things run pretty smoothly. There is the occasional glitch, like sometimes it just doesn't read so I've had to switch from turnstyle to turnstyle trying and eventually it figures it out. Bus drivers are usually more forgiving.

Also, it's pretty nice because it can read through wallets, so I can just keep it there without having to fumble taking it out of my wallet and putting it back in.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
I hope not, because I'm a Chicago Card Plus holder who hasn't received my Ventra card yet, even though I signed up as soon as I got the email about the switchover, and the next notification said I should receive the new card sometime in August. But so far it hasn't arrived yet.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM

732 posts, read 2,980,620 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I hope not, because I'm a Chicago Card Plus holder who hasn't received my Ventra card yet, even though I signed up as soon as I got the email about the switchover, and the next notification said I should receive the new card sometime in August. But so far it hasn't arrived yet.
http://www.transitchicago.com/asset.aspx?AssetId=8047

CTA & Pace Announce Steps to Ease Customers

November 15 is the cut-off date for CC and CC Plus usage. CC Plus balances transfer automatically but for CC you need to have CTA transfer the balances (at one of the park district events or by mailing to CTA HQ). The balance transfer must be completed by 3/15/14.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago