Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 AM

8 posts, read 14,827 times

Advertisements

This is probably going to be the most ridiculous post you have ever read on this site-- but I am desperate. I am moving to the city this fall. I was there yesterday to sign a lease in Roger's Park. I set my iPhone on the top of the car, got my keys out, got in and drove home. At the Michigan state line I started to wonder where my phone had went, and realized I had never taken it off of the top of my car. I immediately panicked and went on my laptop to track my device with their app. I found it. It is sitting on N Lake Shore Dr between E Elm and E Division (but much closer to Elm), more than likely in the median. It is, thankfully, in a heavy duty Otterbox case and I am hoping isn't too damaged. Is there ANYONE with a kind enough heart out there to please GET IT FOR ME and mail it back to Michigan (paid for by me obviously)!!!

I pay insurance on it but apparently even that doesn't eliminate the $199 deposit to order a new one. Please someone, anyone.

Please email me at abbeyfrae@me.com :c rying:

Thank you so much for even reading this,
Sad phone owner aka Amanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandarporter View Post
This is probably going to be the most ridiculous post you have ever read on this site-- but I am desperate. I am moving to the city this fall. I was there yesterday to sign a lease in Roger's Park. I set my iPhone on the top of the car, got my keys out, got in and drove home. At the Michigan state line I started to wonder where my phone had went, and realized I had never taken it off of the top of my car. I immediately panicked and went on my laptop to track my device with their app. I found it. It is sitting on N Lake Shore Dr between E Elm and E Division (but much closer to Elm), more than likely in the median. It is, thankfully, in a heavy duty Otterbox case and I am hoping isn't too damaged. Is there ANYONE with a kind enough heart out there to please GET IT FOR ME and mail it back to Michigan (paid for by me obviously)!!!

I pay insurance on it but apparently even that doesn't eliminate the $199 deposit to order a new one. Please someone, anyone.

Please email me at abbeyfrae@me.com :c rying:

Thank you so much for even reading this,
Sad phone owner aka Amanda
On the Inner Drive or Outer Drive? If it's the Outer Drive anyone would be risking their life to get it, which is a bit much to ask for a phone.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:24 PM

8 posts, read 14,827 times
inner going north bound.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 4,984 times
Post here in exactly two hours if it's still there. If so I can grab it after work and mail it to you.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,423,753 times
If I was still in the city, I'd help you out. Good luck

Old 07-31-2013, 03:26 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Nowhere near this, but hope it works out!

Old 07-31-2013, 04:42 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
A part of me almost wants to say to try Craigslist, but people on there are sketchy. Hmm, maybe google map any local business around there and see if a kind employee could help you out.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:51 PM

Still showing up on your GPS?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM

I'll check back in half an hour (6:30) but that's it. I'm not going to go try to get your phone for you if you can't bother to post a message on the BBS!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
HEAVY rain falling in Chicago now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago