Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:00 AM
NSH

284 posts, read 2,364,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
GO SOX!
Go Sox Indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 08:23 PM

554 posts, read 2,501,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Of course Chicago has problems, there are almost 4 million people living there with another 5 million in the surrounding burbs. Chicago is a world city, which is quite an accomplishment. Only 6 other cities in the WORLD have been given that title. Crime is a problem anywhere you go, you cant deny that. But based on Chicago's size, its a very safe place. LA, NYC, Detroit, St. Louis, DC, etc all have worse crime rates than we do.

I travel alot too and have been to every major city in the US (and some in Canada as well), and other than Seattle, I have yet to find a city thats even remotely comparable to Chicago (based on overall living, not just certain aspects).

I live in the chicago area, which i enjoy A LOT, but I'll have to recorrect you on something. NYC is the safest city with a population over 1 million. Only 576 murders in 2005, while it was 448 in chicago. If you triple chicago's population, about NYC's, you'll have to triple the murder rate as well, which would be over 1,000.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:34 PM

111 posts, read 275,619 times
Chicago doesnt like losers either...thats why everyone has a sox hat now.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:29 AM

30 posts, read 151,830 times
Default chicago vs manhattan

Yeah its nice but it dosnt have anything on manhattan.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobert View Post
Chicago doesnt like losers either...thats why everyone has a sox hat now.
hahaha Yeah, Im tired of seeing Sux hats all over the place. After their WS victory, bandwagon jumpers and closet Sux fans popped up all over the place. Shame really. Either way I dont care, I hate the Sux and will always be a Cubs man. But yeah, I have to agree with you here.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:34 PM

cubs fans are even worse...they are down right dillusional

Old 01-02-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobert View Post
cubs fans are even worse...they are down right dillusional
But loyal, something Sux fans will never be. Sux fans are nothing but a bunch of bandwagon jumpers and sell-outs. Hey, lets tear down old historic Comiskey, change our uniforms, sell-out the stadium naming rights to corporate America, hire a coach who can barely speak English, FINALLY win a World Series then brag about it like your team is "so great", then watch all the bandwagon jumpers creep out of the woodwork like illegal aliens. Great idea! Sux fans are unloyal unless theyre winning.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
But loyal, something Sux fans will never be. Sux fans are nothing but a bunch of bandwagon jumpers and sell-outs. Hey, lets tear down old historic Comiskey, change our uniforms, sell-out the stadium naming rights to corporate America, hire a coach who can barely speak English, FINALLY win a World Series then brag about it like your team is "so great", then watch all the bandwagon jumpers creep out of the woodwork like illegal aliens. Great idea! Sux fans are unloyal unless theyre winning.
The Sox hired a coach who played the bulk of his career in a Sox uniform. So his native tongue is spanish, you have something against hispanics?

As for the uniforms, sorry but the old uniforms were tired and ugly. It was a GREAT idea to change the uniform. Better than that tired blue and red with the teddy bear on it. If anything the Cubbie nation needs a complete image overhaul.
And don't give me that loyalty crap when talking about the Cubs. If not for a few celebrities making it trendy to root for them and Harry Caray, Wrigley field would still be a half empty after thought.

Your Sox slander stems from immense jealousy that they won a World Series recently.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
The Sox hired a coach who played the bulk of his career in a Sox uniform. So his native tongue is spanish, you have something against hispanics?

As for the uniforms, sorry but the old uniforms were tired and ugly. It was a GREAT idea to change the uniform. Better than that tired blue and red with the teddy bear on it. If anything the Cubbie nation needs a complete image overhaul.
And don't give me that loyalty crap when talking about the Cubs. If not for a few celebrities making it trendy to root for them and Harry Caray, Wrigley field would still be a half empty after thought.

Your Sox slander stems from immense jealousy that they won a World Series recently.
Another ignorant Sux fan, here we go again... I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HISPANICS, what a dumb thing to say. I just cant stand listening to the guy talk, sounds like hes speaking jibberish. Watching his post-game interviews is an ear straining horror story.

And until you understand baseball and what a TRADITION it is, then dont speak. Youre the type of fairweather fan that thinks that all stadiums should be high-tech, complete with swimming pools and A/C, right? If so, youre the type of fan that is ruining baseball. I understand the Sox used to wear the black and grey back in the early 1900s, but their 80's jerseys were just fine, no need to change them. They changed them at the time when all gangbangers were wearing Raiders and L.A. Kings apparel and the Sux thought theyd market on that and boy were they right! After they changed their uniforms, their apparel sales jumped big time. Just goes to show that Sux fans are only into image and how current the team/stadium can be. That aint baseball. That aint tradition. Thats jsut corporate America doing the best it can to market something. Ya see, Cubs fans have been happy with our jerseys and colors for decades, same with our park and our players. And theres NO need to overhaul the Cubs' image, they'd upset too many people by doing that. Were faithful, were loyal, were happy (even though we suck--but hopefully Pinella will change that). Like I said, unless youre a baseball purist like myself, you wont understand.

As far as jealousy? Hardly. Why would I be jealous? Theyre still the Sox, regardless of a WS victory or not. Theres nothing to be jealous about.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:08 PM

First off hispanics are comming up in everything in american culture, i live in california so this isnt a shock to me. get over it or do what we do and learn some spanish.

ugh its so funny how all cubs fans talk about is tradition.. what tradition, the tradition of some tired old goat curse? Or how about how babe ruth called his come run shot...wasnt that against the cubs?

the cubs will always be the scrubs..they went through a brief phaze of being trendy in the late 90's early 2000's because of the steriod craze. Wants all that **** hit the fan with that scandal the cubs franchize deflated like barry bonds.

top that off with the sox world series win and there you go. Chicago just has that element of the eastern establishment..that element is..NO ONE LIKES A LOSER.(unless ofcourse its football)

im just greatful the sox won because they were right behind the cubs for longest world series drought.

Have fun going through boys town on the way to your cubs game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago