Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times

Advertisements

UGH I've only lived here 6 months and I already hate that man. Plus my mom says he (and therefore Illinois) are the laughingstock of St. Louis now.

I just hope it passes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times
OK I haven't rode cta for years but don't seniors already get reduced fare? How is completely free fare going to help especially when a good chunk of cta riders are seniors? Are they expecting the fare hike to make up the difference? Maybe I'm not understanding something

Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
Actually apparently relatively few seniors ride CTA (according to the Trib article j33 posted) so it's pretty pointless to begin with.

And there's no far hike - only a sales tax increase - that's what a lot of people are particularly peeved by, but whatever. Even if you don't use CTA your commute is better for having it because if there was no CTA or Metra there's be way more cars on the road at rush hour.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times
Ok I see. I was just wondering. True about the commute. Unfortunately, I have to travel to the western suburbs for work so its already pretty ugly. I do kind of miss hopping on the bus and shooting straight downtown for work. Then, I remember the job that it lead to , LOL

Old 01-11-2008, 01:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
OK I haven't rode cta for years but don't seniors already get reduced fare? How is completely free fare going to help especially when a good chunk of cta riders are seniors? Are they expecting the fare hike to make up the difference? Maybe I'm not understanding something
There is no fare hike as part of this plan; it's designed in part to avert one. I don't know where he expects the extra money to come from, and he's a goddamned fool if he believes that the legislature is just going to throw it in while saying "aw what the heck" when it passed the Senate with zero votes to spare. What a stupid, childish stunt. There's a special place in Hell reserved for Rod Blagojevich where he will be serenaded by Slim Whitman for all of eternity.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
There's a special place in Hell reserved for Rod Blagojevich where he will be serenaded by Slim Whitman for all of eternity.
LOL

Oh man, thats funny. LOL

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
UGH I've only lived here 6 months and I already hate that man. Plus my mom says he (and therefore Illinois) are the laughingstock of St. Louis now.

I just hope it passes
Wow,there must be some slow and boring local news in St.Louis huh? lol

No offense, but St. Louis is like a pimple on a dogs butt in comparision to Chicago.;-)

Old 01-11-2008, 08:09 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Its all smoke and mirrors. Sir Helmet is just trying to leave some kind of legacy for the history books like Ryan did with the suspension of the death penalty. Both of them are pieces of crap and worthless. One is in jail and the other has not gotten there yet!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:37 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
It should be apparent to all now "the machine" is no longer dead. In fact, it never died.
No kidding. Who here doesn't believe we'll have to deal with 8 years of Lisa Madigan when Blago's term is up. Awfully sad that in a state in the U.S. we can predict the results of an election 10 years in the future. I want UN troops to liberate Illinois and install a democracy!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM

326 posts, read 470,616 times
I wonder if this strike will or will not affect Pace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago