Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:33 AM

13 posts, read 21,819 times

Advertisements

^^^^
It begins in the middle of next year. That's a relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 10:41 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,254 times
Take the train into the city. Eat at a restaurant. Watch 3 movies at the theater. It should be close to midnight then. Go to a bar until 4am. Eat breakfast until 6am at a breakfast spot. Take the train bqck to the airport

Or take megabus to Detroit. Walk around then take the bus back to Chicago.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 AM

13 posts, read 21,819 times
Some last questions:
I hoped the weather wouldn't be as bad as it seems to get on the days nearing christmas (15-5 °F). So my question is:
Is it bearable to walk around Chicago with those temperatures or could you get nerve damage or frost boils or frost bites easily?
If that's the case, what kind of indoor activities would you recommend?
And do you need a credit card?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayel View Post
Some last questions:
I hoped the weather wouldn't be as bad as it seems to get on the days nearing christmas (15-5 °F). So my question is:
Is it bearable to walk around Chicago with those temperatures or could you get nerve damage or frost boils or frost bites easily?
If that's the case, what kind of indoor activities would you recommend?
And do you need a credit card?
It's fine if you're bundled up, but I highly recomend a nice bar to cozy up in.

Are you here only on Sunday? That's the only day that is forecast to be that cold. Today it's going to be 40, which feels like a heat wave.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:57 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,304,690 times
I have a 9 hour layover at O'hare today from 3pm to Midnight. Is this enough time to hop on the blue line and go see downtown? Does the blue line run 24 hours or at least take me back to airport a 9pm or so? Any tips tricks hints or things to do are greatly appreciated!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:19 AM

498 posts, read 724,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I have a 9 hour layover at O'hare today from 3pm to Midnight. Is this enough time to hop on the blue line and go see downtown? Does the blue line run 24 hours or at least take me back to airport a 9pm or so? Any tips tricks hints or things to do are greatly appreciated!
Yes, that's enough time. The blue line runs 24/7 and runs frequently. The typical touristy thing would be to get off at the Washington blue line stop and then walk east and check out Millenium Park/the bean. After that you could go to Michigan Avenue and walk north (which is the "Mag Mile" once you go north of the river on Michigan Ave), and maybe walk around river north for a bit. Then if you have time, going back on the blue line you could get off at the Damen-O'Hare stop and check out a bit of the Wicker Park which has lots of cool places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago