Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,927 times

Advertisements

Assume everyone saw this as well?

Children's Boutique Owner Sick of 'Snobby' Locals' 'Crap,' Closing Shop - Lakeview - DNAinfo.com Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 01:37 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Wow, that's awful.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:58 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,869,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
A public service announcement for those with lots of money, gustatory curiosity, an infant, and no clue. And we certainly wouldn't want to disturb hsw while he's stopping in for daily grub.

Grant Achatz Stumped on How to Handle Crying Babies | NBC Chicago
I'm tired of your crap Drover!!!!!11!!!!!

My kid that I don't have yet is tired of your proclamations that a 6 month old can't enjoy a "Hot Potato" that is actually cold with black truffles and butter. The nerve of you!

Yes, I will feed my newly born infant Woolly Pigs at a restaurant because that's what they were fed intravenously in the womb! Aiden/Sophia deserves the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my child, MY CHILD, will not settle for less than Scallops that are acting like agedashi tofu!!!11!!q1!!!

You expect me to go to Morton's?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Fogo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No sir. I HAVE class. I buff my nails on my peacoat. In fact, YOU should buff MY NAILS on your coat… assuming it isn't too poor of quality. Maybe Waffle House is more attuned to you?

People like you… hmph… people like you make going to Topshop a foray into the Thunderdome.

https://content.alinearestaurant.com...enus/menu.html
+1 when I can do it.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope-C14 View Post
Emergency Childcare Nanny Services | Nanny Poppinz TM

I just found this. Pretty amazing that 24/7 care is possible for those that take the time and register.

If you have the $ to dine at Alinea, you certainly have the $ to pay for an emergency nanny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Or if you can't get an emergency nanny, stay at home and plan another outing without the kid. People looking for a quiet, adult fine dining experience shouldn't be subjected to that. Also, brining babies and small children to such establishments ruins the atmosphere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantless1 View Post
I'd be royally p!ssed off if there was a screaming baby at a place like that. How self-absorbed are these people that they didn't have the decency to take the kid in the hall or to the bathroom and calm it down rather than ruin everyone else's meal?
Just curious, do any of you have kids?

Quote:
And yes, I am totally in the camp of head-scratchers regarding the seemingly unending number of clueless parents. What I actually find most bothersome about this article is the idea that those of us paying less than $200 for a meal should have to deal with crying babies. Wrong. IHOP customers don't deseve a crappy experience either. When my kid acted out in a public place like a restaurant or a movie after about 3 sec that kid was getting delivered to the lobby or outside faster than Federal Express.
The article is about an 8 month old. As parent of a recent 8 month old, I can tell you rushing out of the ihop would not be a priority for me if the kid is "acting out." I very much doubt people go to Ihop seeking a quiet romantic dinner.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post

The article is about an 8 month old. As parent of a recent 8 month old, I can tell you rushing out of the ihop would not be a priority for me if the kid is "acting out." I very much doubt people go to Ihop seeking a quiet romantic dinner.
Yes, I have a kid. And my point is that parents who ignore their screaming infants in public suck, I don't care how much the food costs, or whether it's a romantic dinner, a coffee house, a movie or a baseball game.

It isn't anyone's place to be assuming that an IHOP diner is less deserving of peace and quiet than at Topolobambo, that sounds like narcissistic entitlement to me. And if you think the staff at the restaurants in question aren't ready to kill those "oh, it takes a village to raise a child" parents who allow their kids to crawl around the floor, kick the booth so the person on the other side can feel it, etc. - think again.

We go to Wishbone quite a bit, have been since it opened going on 20 years ago. Plenty of families, but the unwritten rule is you bring the young kids in early, not when the place is packed mid-day. And I have no problem loudly telling Danny and Debby Double-wide to keep their kids in check. Get a sitter if you have no desire or ability to mind your kids when you go out, sheesh.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2dac1985 View Post
i'm tired of your crap drover!!!!!11!!!!!

My kid that i don't have yet is tired of your proclamations that a 6 month old can't enjoy a "hot potato" that is actually cold with black truffles and butter. The nerve of you!

Yes, i will feed my newly born infant woolly pigs at a restaurant because that's what they were fed intravenously in the womb! Aiden/sophia deserves the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my child, my child, will not settle for less than scallops that are acting like agedashi tofu!!!11!!q1!!!

You expect me to go to morton's?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Fogo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No sir. i have class. i buff my nails on my peacoat. in fact, you should buff my nails on your coat… assuming it isn't too poor of quality. Maybe waffle house is more attuned to you?

People like you… hmph… people like you make going to topshop a foray into the thunderdome.

:d https://content.alinearestaurant.com...enus/menu.html
+1 when i can do it.
Yes!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:01 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default Hhmmm....

Quote:
Yes, I have a kid. And my point is that parents who ignore their screaming infants in public suck, I don't care how much the food costs, or whether it's a romantic dinner, a coffee house, a movie or a baseball game.

It isn't anyone's place to be assuming that an IHOP diner is less deserving of peace and quiet than at Topolobambo, that sounds like narcissistic entitlement to me. And if you think the staff at the restaurants in question aren't ready to kill those "oh, it takes a village to raise a child" parents who allow their kids to crawl around the floor, kick the booth so the person on the other side can feel it, etc. - think again.

We go to Wishbone quite a bit, have been since it opened going on 20 years ago. Plenty of families, but the unwritten rule is you bring the young kids in early, not when the place is packed mid-day. And I have no problem loudly telling Danny and Debby Double-wide to keep their kids in check. Get a sitter if you have no desire or ability to mind your kids when you go out, sheesh.
Very confusing.

Nearest mobile home community is probably out near the unincorporated edge of DesPlaines that borders O'Hare where those scaring look jet fuel tanks are located. Is Chi-TN really suggesting that folks from that area are driving into Wishbone?

Or is this an examply of "size-ism", suggesting that those unfortunate souls that do not conform the standards of thin, fitness obsessed urbanites (who likely are moving grits or jambalay omlettes around around their plates instead of actually eating anything...) have children more likely to be ill-mannered?

Why exactly would a place that explicitly has a children's menu that states "available all day, every day" have some unwritten rule about when children are not tolerated? http:/goo.gl/FprMdj

Really wonder too just how many folks wonder be bother getting a babysitter for a place that does delivery and has no menu items for more $15...

Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Very confusing.

Nearest mobile home community is probably out near the unincorporated edge of DesPlaines that borders O'Hare where those scaring look jet fuel tanks are located. Is Chi-TN really suggesting that folks from that area are driving into Wishbone?

Or is this an examply of "size-ism", suggesting that those unfortunate souls that do not conform the standards of thin, fitness obsessed urbanites (who likely are moving grits or jambalay omlettes around around their plates instead of actually eating anything...) have children more likely to be ill-mannered?

Why exactly would a place that explicitly has a children's menu that states "available all day, every day" have some unwritten rule about when children are not tolerated? http:/goo.gl/FprMdj

Really wonder too just how many folks wonder be bother getting a babysitter for a place that does delivery and has no menu items for more $15...
Chet, ya gotta get with the times. The double-wide refers to the $300 stroller set now running unchecked around much of the North Side.

And the issue is not children. Young children make noise. The issue is parents who don't do anything to quiet their kids.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I do. And I also knew not to take her certain places when she was small. And I understand that even more now than I did then.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:31 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default Ahhh....

Quote:
Chet, ya gotta get with the times. The double-wide refers to the $300 stroller set now running unchecked around much of the North Side.

And the issue is not children. Young children make noise. The issue is parents who don't do anything to quiet their kids.
I guess that fills in some details. I have a few friends that had twins back in the days when such blessing were a rarity. Now the costs structures of what are often a "privledge" carry lots of unintended consequence of "assisted reproductive technologies" -- Test Tube Baby Louise Brown Turns 35: Medical Progress, But Limited Access - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago