Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 04:58 PM

421 posts, read 676,119 times

Advertisements

What are the best places to meet women in Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times
The same as anywhere else in the country. Chicago isn't another planet or dimension.

Your social network.

I find it harder to meet women to date randomly at bars, grocery stores, gym etc in chicago. It's just not as overly friendly as other Midwestern cities. Of course there is always basically ever bar in the city for a one night stand or hitting up random girls. Summer festivals are also pretty good.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:25 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
^ Bars are a mixed bag and it really depends on who is going there. A lot of people kind of **** on meeting someone they want to date at a bar, but there are some who don't. IMO you have to keep an open mind really and I think it depends on the bar and what not. I think it's better at a gym than a bar.

I think dating wise, a good place is to go to meetup events. That way you already have something in common with them. Chicago does have the public transit and just pedestrian aspect too. I know of people who have met their spouses on a train platform. I've met women just walking on the street and saying hey to them while I was waiting to cross the road.

Otherwise yeah, I totally agree with jman07. You meet women at the same places you would in any other city in the US. If you're looking to just meet women to hook up, then go to a club, lounge, or bar...or yes as he mentioned, summer festivals can be good for it.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
^ Bars are a mixed bag and it really depends on who is going there. A lot of people kind of **** on meeting someone they want to date at a bar, but there are some who don't. IMO you have to keep an open mind really and I think it depends on the bar and what not. I think it's better at a gym than a bar.

I think dating wise, a good place is to go to meetup events. That way you already have something in common with them. Chicago does have the public transit and just pedestrian aspect too. I know of people who have met their spouses on a train platform. I've met women just walking on the street and saying hey to them while I was waiting to cross the road.

Otherwise yeah, I totally agree with jman07. You meet women at the same places you would in any other city in the US. If you're looking to just meet women to hook up, then go to a club, lounge, or bar...or yes as he mentioned, summer festivals can be good for it.
So, what bars ect. are the best?

Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
It depends on what type of woman you want to meet and what you want to do with them. A bar is a bar though - unless it's a bar full of dudes, you can pick up and meet someone anywhere. If you want to hook up with a pretty girl, then go to most any club or lounge downtown, and any non dive bar (though there are some bars that look like dives but aren't necessarily such inside). Just in general though at a bar, just go to a bar in any of the neighborhoods that features a good nightlife scene.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:45 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Start from Division and Rush area, and move north all the way to Irving Park road. There are 5 + neighborhoods with probably over 300 bars. There is no best bar. They are all good and depends on who you are and what night it is. There are corner bars, clubs, neighborhood bars, etc. Just like any big city. Division and Rush is a lot of out of towners just looking for a good time. River North and Old Town is older, richer, and preppier crowd. Buck Town is Trendy. Wicker Park are hipsters. LP is a bit of everything. Lakeview and Wrigley isn't bad for the younger and sluttier types. The thing about Wrigley is, it seems great for picking up women on the outside, but I honestly haven't had much luck there. I think women are on the defensive there because the know thats what guys are looking for. But we're talking literally hundreds of bars. If there was a best, there would be a line of guys outside these "best" bars every night. But of course it would't be that great if there was just a line of guys waiting to get in. The whole Northside is good. I've picked up girls from everywhere.

Here's some great advice thought that I think you are looking for. During the summer, go to North Avenue Beach between 2-8 pm. Its like a giant spring break party with girls everywhere just looking to talk and party. Its pretty amazing. There are concerts and a giant outside bar/boat called Castaways. They have live music there and its just a great time. I either got a number or slept with a girl about every other time I was there last summer. GO THERE! If your looking for an easy lay, go back to college or High School.

Me: 7 years in Chi. 15+ random girls phone numbers from bars. I think around 6 one nighters from bar girls (+1 from N Ave Beach).

Old 02-09-2014, 06:47 PM

255 posts, read 583,305 times
Are you in mergers and acquisitions?

Old 02-09-2014, 10:51 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Uhm did you people not see his screename. If not I suggest y'all watch American Psycho, lol.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
It depends on what type of woman you want to meet and what you want to do with them.
It depends on what kind of mood I'm in, but usually Goodbye Stranger explains it: http://dai.ly/xnc4bz

Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM

86 posts, read 159,395 times
Hydrate is a good place to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago