Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 04:13 PM

283 posts, read 447,436 times

Advertisements

I rode a Green Line train not too long ago....and well, it woke me up. Thats how fast it got between Roosevelt and 35th st. jostling etc. I rode it all the way from Oak Park though so it was a 'sudden' thing. Felt the train would fall off. Thank hell I got off at 35/iit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 05:45 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
I cannot believe that this stupid woman's UNION @#$#@!! is trying to keep them from firing her.

And she had several arrests, one of them the CTA.. sheesh.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsie View Post

I rode a Green Line train not too long ago....and well, it woke me up. Thats how fast it got between Roosevelt and 35th st. jostling etc. I rode it all the way from Oak Park though so it was a 'sudden' thing. Felt the train would fall off. Thank hell I got off at 35/iit
Oh yeah i rode the brown line and when it does that curve near the Merchandise Mart, the curve that goes around that red/brown building before the Merchandise Mart (325 W Illinois I think), that train was going a bit too fast and I thought we were going to derail. I really dont like the El for these reasons.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:52 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Oh yeah i rode the brown line and when it does that curve near the Merchandise Mart, the curve that goes around that red/brown building before the Merchandise Mart (325 W Illinois I think), that train was going a bit too fast and I thought we were going to derail. I really dont like the El for these reasons.
It's mostly the last car that gets the worst of it, as if the operator forgets the length of the train car set. I try not to sit in the first or last car.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
I cannot believe that this stupid woman's UNION @#$#@!! is trying to keep them from firing her.

And she had several arrests, one of them the CTA.. sheesh.
I thought they made it clear that the arrest where personal not related to her job? What happened with the cta one?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:18 AM

221 posts, read 335,451 times
See what happens when everyone is whining about 'deferred maintenance' and the Ohare line has to travel at some 15mph due to poor tracks? They fix the tracks and this happens. That'll learn all those busybodies!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I thought they made it clear that the arrest where personal not related to her job? What happened with the cta one?
I dont know, all I know is what the news reporters mention about her previous arrests and one happened since she was an employee of the CTA.

I wonder if she just got some good lawyers to beat the rap, why was she arrested 4 times none of those times went to jail? seems she is a trouble maker based on what the news reported on her 4 arrests. and she is so young, already in such trouble, sheesh.

But I am mad that the stupid lawyers are putting HER interests over the safety of the public. @#$# unions and @#$#$@ lawyers. meanwhile, this cost the CTA like $6 million for the train she busted, plus all the $$$ that cost the people on the train.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:57 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Quote:
I dont know, all I know is what the news reporters mention about her previous arrests and one happened since she was an employee of the CTA.

I wonder if she just got some good lawyers to beat the rap, why was she arrested 4 times none of those times went to jail? seems she is a trouble maker based on what the news reported on her 4 arrests. and she is so young, already in such trouble, sheesh.

But I am mad that the stupid lawyers are putting HER interests over the safety of the public. @#$# unions and @#$#$@ lawyers. meanwhile, this cost the CTA like $6 million for the train she busted, plus all the $$$ that cost the people on the train.
From what I understand is the arrest where domestic in nature. It's not like she was beating up customers or was related to her job so shouldn't have been brought into the picture.

The union want to keep her and will defend her job. They aren't soliciting input from chicagomeo or anyone else how to handle the situation. No power given to you. I think that is a good thing.

I do believe that something needs to be done about all the hours that she worked and the idea that wasn't the first time she fell asleep. Those are true issues that is related to safety. It is her responsibility to come to work and be prepared to do her job and be safe.

The train should not have been able to jump on the steps like that. I'm sure cta will be taking a look at the safety record and make adjustments there.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:48 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
The union trying to prevent this person from being fired is really doing a disservice to themselves. This is the sort of fodder union bashers love.

There is no job where being asleep on the job is considered acceptable. Controlling a 200 ton train with potentially hundreds of passengers least of all.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,435,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
The union trying to prevent this person from being fired is really doing a disservice to themselves. This is the sort of fodder union bashers love.
But if the rules that CTA operate under make it such that a reasonable person would find it difficult to stay awake, then those rules are incorrect and cta shares some if the blame. If for example you had to work 18 hours straight, followed by 8 hours off (and the 8 hours includes your commute to and from work), followed by another 10 hour stretch.

Of course you will say "no one forced her to work those long shifts," but if the reality is that if you say "no" then you find it hard to get any more work, then again cta is at fault.

It's no different that the long hours that hospital residents put in. Just that when they screw up, you don't hear about it because you're dead, and the hospital keeps it quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago