Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:07 PM

80 posts, read 302,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelike View Post
No contest: Northwestern. It has a national reputation. More expensive but better return on investment than DePaul. If you are going to settle in Chicago, DePaul or Loyola will do. The University of Chicago is the best school in these parts.

Sorry, wrong thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
The OP is on the verge of graduating by now...

Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,195,685 times
[quote=drover;21650934]the op is on the verge of graduating by now...[/quote

Old 02-04-2012, 08:46 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,986,021 times
You resurrected a dead thread - OP will be graduating soon and never did post where s/he ended up. You have 5 posts and they're all on this thread!

Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthyman View Post
DePaul is an academic powerhouse

Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Zombie thread. It.Will.Not.Die </brainzzzzzz...... >

Old 02-05-2012, 09:19 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
But what I hate even more than a zombie thread is that the OP never comes back and says what he did. Or acknowledges any advice given.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
And can we accurately rename truthyman as biasedman?

Old 02-07-2012, 10:10 AM

110 posts, read 277,740 times
Truthyman -- for how long have you worked in Depaul's Undergraduate Admissions Office?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM

400 posts, read 957,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthyman View Post
DePaul is an academic powerhouse that everyone around the nation and the world has heard of. Nobody thinks of Loyola University Chicago. In fact, if they think of Loyola at all they probably think of Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles. Not being from Illinois, when I was a college student I had never even heard of Loyola Chicago until a girl that I liked told me that she was thinking about breaking up with her boyfriend who was at "Loyola" - I agreed with her (of course) and told her that a long distance relationship from Michigan to California probably wouldn't work. She then told me that he was at Loyola in Chicago. Of course I had heard of DePaul (duh) but Loyola? Outside of Illinois...I don't think it is well known. Big East Conference DePaul - yes, of course everyone in the nation knows about DePaul. They also know it is in Chicago and has top notch academics.

I think truthyman is writing up Depaul, like its his mantra/koan and he is in a deep trance. Its a new take at being trolly, funny.....

Loyola is doing well, it has a downtown campus, medical center and main campus. Depaul doesnt have a medical center and it doesnt have a downtown campus ((YES IT DOES http://www.depaul.edu/about/campuses/Pages/loop.aspx)). Different birds all together.

Loyola main Campus in Rogers Park is expanding alot lately. Time will tell how it does, but I think it has a bright future, despite truthyman's insane reflections on life and Depaul.

Loyola is Jesuit
and DePaul is Catholic

Loyola Chicago | Loyola University Chicago | Best College | US News

Loyola - Loyola University Chicago is a private institution that was founded in 1870. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 9,747, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 105 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Loyola University Chicago's ranking in the 2012 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 119. Its tuition and fees are $33,294 (2011-12).

Loyola University Chicago, or Loyola Chicago as it’s known for short, is the largest Jesuit institution in the country. The school has two locations in Chicago—Lake Shore and Water Tower— where on-campus living is separated between freshmen, sophomores, and all upperclassmen. The university also has an international campus four miles from downtown Rome, where about 400 students study abroad each year. The Loyola Ramblers compete in the NCAA Division I Horizon League.
For graduate students, Loyola Chicago has a business school, a law school—particularly well known for healthcare law—and a medical school. There are accelerated 3+3 year programs for Loyola Chicago undergraduates who want to go to law or medical school at Loyola, too. Notable alumni include Ian Brennan, cocreator of the TV show Glee; Thomas Purcell, coexecutive producer of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report; and Michael Quinlan, former CEO of McDonald’s Corp.

DePaul University | Best College | US News

Depaul - DePaul University is a private institution that was founded in 1898. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 16,052, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 36 acres. It utilizes a quarter-based academic calendar. DePaul University's ranking in the 2012 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 132. Its tuition and fees are $30,618 (2011-12).

DePaul University has six campuses in and around Chicago, though its two main locations, the Loop and Lincoln Park campuses, are located downtown. Individual academic colleges, such as the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and the College of Commerce, are located exclusively on one campus. DePaul is also home to the School for New Learning, which caters to adult students. University-wide, there are more than 300 student organizations to check out, and students are allowed to form their own clubs, too. More than 5 percent of students join fraternities and sororities. The school’s sports teams, the Blue Demons, compete in the NCAA Division I Big East Conference. The university operates on quarters, not semesters, and each year, students gather for events such as FEST, an outdoor concert and festival in the spring, and Homecoming.

University housing is offered to all DePaul students, though freshmen and sophomores are only permitted to live in dormitories. Juniors and seniors have a selection of university-owned lofts, townhouses, and apartments. There is also a multi-college community residence hall for students of any age, known as University Center, where students from DePaul University live alongside peers from Roosevelt University, Robert Morris University, and Columbia College. Notable alumni of DePaul University include actor John C. Reilly, star of films including Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and Step Brothers, and Samuel Magad, former concertmaster of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Last edited by xavier xerxes; 02-07-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago