U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 PM

374 posts, read 718,255 times

Advertisements

I know this thread is pretty old and this may have been mentioned before, but Im going to say Big Al's Italian Beef Sandwiches and of course Harold's Chicken.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 03:27 PM

3,560 posts, read 4,586,828 times
i heard spaghetti at barbecues are a chicago thing. We do that all the time and I always thought it was just normal

Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM

36,599 posts, read 57,896,760 times
Heh, I consider barbecue spaghetti to be abnormal but I just figured that was a barbecue-joint thing. Maybe it's just a Chicago-barbecue-joint thing?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM

15,589 posts, read 13,262,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
i heard spaghetti at barbecues are a chicago thing. We do that all the time and I always thought it was just normal
Pasta salad is way more common. But the old Italians and Greeks and their descendants are more likely to have spaghetti than most other groups. I don't know what ethnic back round you have, but it is something that has spread to other Chicagoans over the years.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 PM

5 posts, read 748 times
Old Italians serve not spagehtti but mostaccioli, which is now called "penne" by the younger FoodNetwork types.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:31 AM

3,407 posts, read 2,104,605 times
Since living up here in Chicago, everytime I barbecue, everyone on the block always asks me where is the speghetti. I always thought they were strange for asking me that. But I guess it is more common then I thought.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
ncc

95 posts, read 190,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I just don't like the "Chicago-style" ingredient package. I don't like pickles, I don't like relish, and I don't like tomatoes. When it comes to hot dogs, I'm the simple ketchup/mustard type, though I'll take onions too.
If it were up to me, I'd ban ketchup!! LOL

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM

24 posts, read 80,807 times
Was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives last night and Guy Fieri went to a place in Chicago called, well here it is on Youtube:
YouTube - Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives goes to Vito & Nicks Pizza in Chicago

Last edited by bry456; 10-20-2009 at 08:21 PM..

Old 10-20-2009, 11:51 PM

36,599 posts, read 57,896,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry456 View Post
Was watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives last night and Guy Fieri went to a place in Chicago called, well here it is on Youtube:
YouTube - Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives goes to Vito & Nicks Pizza in Chicago
Other Chicago places they've hit up: Smoque, Kuma's Corner, Cemitas Puebla, Tre Kronor, Depot Diner, White Palace (hasn't aired yet), Galewood Cook Shack, Glenn's Diner, Taste of Peru (hasn't yet aired), and Tufano's Vernon Park Tap.

Out in the suburbs they've hit up Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket in Willowbrook, Hackney's in Glenview, Wiener and Still Champion in Evanston (hasn't aired yet), Frosted Mug in Alsip (drove past it yesterday and it looks long closed), Paradise Pup in Des Plaines, and Frank's Diner in Kenosha.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 AM

1,749 posts, read 1,715,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Other Chicago places they've hit up:
Smoque,
Kuma's Corner,
Cemitas Puebla, Tre Kronor,
Depot Diner, White Palace (hasn't aired yet),
Galewood Cook Shack, Glenn's Diner, Taste of Peru (hasn't yet aired), and Tufano's Vernon Park Tap.

Out in the suburbs they've hit up
Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket in Willowbrook, Hackney's in Glenview, Wiener and Still Champion in Evanston (hasn't aired yet),
Frosted Mug in Alsip (drove past it yesterday and it looks long closed), Paradise Pup in Des Plaines, and Frank's Diner in Kenosha.
They also went to Honky Tonk BBQ on 18th I think? Ive been there a few times, amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago