Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2007, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,067 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help me out with. I was wondering how the job market is in Chicago, and if there is a need for teachers. I currently live in SE Michigan and will be have my teacher certification in May of 2009. I am hoping to teach middle school math so I should have somewhat of an easier time finding a job as thats usually a higher need, and will also be certified to teach elementary or middle school social studies. Michigan teaching jobs are not easy to get, and decent jobs for my fiance are also nearly impossible to find. I have researched and found some websites on schools, but was wondering if any one had actual advice.

Also, I was hoping for some help on neighborhoods. I love Chicago and have visited a few times, but am unsure of which neighboorhoods are located where so I can research prices to get some estimates. I really liked the area around Grant Park (I think it might be South Loop? Not sure..), but am interested in hearing about other areas too. Any advice on neighborhoods would be appreciated, so I can do some comparisions. Background: My fiance and are young 20's (21 and 22) and will getting married next fall. He's from Detroit, and I'm from a suburb a half hour away from it. We are interesting in living in Chicago, and not the suburbs of it. We have one dog, and would prefer not to live in a high rise (we rent a townhouse now and enjoy that). Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: