Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 03:53 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
You must not like the Scandinavian/Germanic look.
Maybe not. So many women up there look like a frumpy Angela Merkel.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:51 PM

403 posts, read 597,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I would say that, speaking very generally, white women in Chicago are more "WASP" looking than in other major U.S. cities, and have more of a "uniform", and are a bit more standoffish.

NYC is more "ethnic" white, with more Jews, Italians and international types, and a bit more open. LA is very low key, diverse white population and women just care if you have money. Chicago has a specific "look" moreso than other major cities, IMO. There's almost a lifestyle "uniform" excepting the hipster areas, with the blond air, pissed off look, lulu lemon pants, apartment in anonymous highrise box, leased Audi A4, etc.
Leasing an A4? Lol

Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Maybe OP thinks I'm beautiful

Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,056,202 times
Threads like these are very subjective. OP and I can see the same woman and most likely disagree on whether she's hot or not. There definitely isn't a Chicago "look" to a woman that can't be found elsewhere but as a whole I'd say that Chicago's women aren't out of shape but they're not tightly toned, either. I find a lot of beer bellies (even if small) on a lot of Chicago's stilettoed dolls with their light makeup. Beer in hand and cigarette in another, they're a tough breed of women with attitude who don't take crap and refuse to let someone put them in their place. They're smart, they get out a lot and aren't sheltered, and unlike their LA counterparts aren't totally enamored with trying to outdo each other or enamored with the plastic look that is associated with the West. Chicago girls are rougher, tougher, and they don't care too much about keeping up with a Kardashian or being a top model. They own who they are. I respect a lot about the Chicago woman and lots of this makes me attracted to them. But their looks? Eh, they're ok.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:20 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I would say that, speaking very generally, white women in Chicago are more "WASP" looking than in other major U.S. cities, and have more of a "uniform", and are a bit more standoffish.
I somehow missed this, but for the most part it's spot on when comparing to the other major US cities. Other parts of the midwest are way worse, but they aren't major cities.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I somehow missed this, but for the most part it's spot on when comparing to the other major US cities. Other parts of the midwest are way worse, but they aren't major cities.
I would also agree on this. LA and NYC have less "WASP" looking people and it probably has to do with how Chicago women are more of the Midwest German stock with some Irish thrown in there, giving them quite the pasty look at times (especially the Irish). Standoffish? Yeah, I'd agree there, too.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:53 PM

928 posts, read 1,713,236 times
^Chicago people in general, men and women, pretty much all look exactly the same to me. They've all this generic Midwestern white people look. I honestly have a hard time telling people apart, so I've taken to trying to find some identifying characteristic (okay, she wears a lot of eyeliner, that guy has a mole to the left of his nose, etc) in order to distinguish one person from the next. That sounds like a joke, but it's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
This is the most inane thread on city-data.
That's a pretty high bar to get over, but it's up there.

Old 06-06-2015, 01:07 PM

577 posts, read 669,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
^Chicago people in general, men and women, pretty much all look exactly the same to me. They've all this generic Midwestern white people look. I honestly have a hard time telling people apart, so I've taken to trying to find some identifying characteristic (okay, she wears a lot of eyeliner, that guy has a mole to the left of his nose, etc) in order to distinguish one person from the next. That sounds like a joke, but it's not.
How do you know all of the people you're seeing are from Chicago? There are so many people in the city from other states and countries it would be impossible to tell.

I have a hard time telling apart non-white (Oriental, black, etc) people sometimes, but that's par for the course. I can understand the reverse being true also. Apparently people in Japan think all bald white men look like Bruce Willis!

Old 06-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
Depends what you mean by "White" I guess. I'm Southern European but don't look crap like the majority of Midwestern White people. I'd fit in more in the Northeast with my swarthy, hairy appearance. But as far as being able to tell White people apart, I'm guessing you're non-White by that comment. I can definitely tell them apart. I feel like Europeans (in terms of appearance) look the LEAST alike. Compare a Sicilian to someone from Ireland to a Swede. Lots of physical variation there. But, I'm of Euro descent so I notice this.

Old 06-06-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
How do you know all of the people you're seeing are from Chicago? There are so many people in the city from other states and countries it would be impossible to tell.

I have a hard time telling apart non-white (Oriental, black, etc) people sometimes, but that's par for the course. I can understand the reverse being true also. Apparently people in Japan think all bald white men look like Bruce Willis!
Yeah I will agree with this. Also, many of Chicago's European descended population are recent from Eastern Europe. They do NOT have the typical Midwest look by any means. You can tell a Polish person or Croatian or Romanian not only from each other, but ESPECIALLY from the common Germanic Midwest population, and definitely from the Irish. Not just in facial appearance, but also in the way they carry themselves and dress. There's rarely overlap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago