Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 02:00 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post
hey so to make it short i am a 25 blk male in Atlanta. Who is deciding to move to chicago in a year and a half or elsewhere. I will date any female who peaks my interests but I have a high attraction to white girls. to be honest I have bad luck with dating white girls in Atlanta but I always see interracial couples here but for me they dont give me a chance. i am not the stereotypical black guy I like indie music and some ppl call me a hipster (ugh) but I am looking into neighborhoods like logan square and or hyde park. Would i have tough time looking for interracial dating in chicago?
I know/see a fair number of black men in Logan Square who would probably be considered part of the "hipster*" set. In my experience, it is not unusual at all to see them out with women of a different race, so maybe that locale/social scene would be a good fit for you. Wicker Park and Ukrainian Village foster the same kind of "hipster" scene, so I imagine they would also be a good fit for you.

*(Apologies to Atrill for using this already overused term in the interest of brevity, I fully agree that it is completely misapplied in most cases, to the point of meaninglessness)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 02:06 PM

928 posts, read 1,713,043 times
Ugh, this post gave me cancer.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:45 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
To be honest, the most black male/white female couples I see in Chicago are when the guy is fairly fashionable or hipster as is the female. . I find the women who would be attracted to you more open minded when it comes to this stuff than your typical person who lives in areas like Lakeview or Lincoln Park. if I were you and you DO move to Chicago, I'd move to an area like Logan Square, Ukrainian Village, Wicker Park, or some of the downtown areas like River North, Gold Coast, etc if you can afford it and want that kind of downtown high rise atmosphere. If not then the other neighborhoods. The non downtown neighborhoods would be a better fit for you though.

I don't know whether you'd have luck at all, but your chances may be slightly higher based on what I've seen in that subset of couples as I've been around.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:03 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,404,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post
hey so to make it short i am a 25 blk male in Atlanta. Who is deciding to move to chicago in a year and a half or elsewhere. I will date any female who peaks my interests but I have a high attraction to white girls. to be honest I have bad luck with dating white girls in Atlanta but I always see interracial couples here but for me they dont give me a chance. i am not the stereotypical black guy I like indie music and some ppl call me a hipster (ugh) but I am looking into neighborhoods like logan square and or hyde park. Would i have tough time looking for interracial dating in chicago?
This is a very weird question, IMO. I don't think, for the most part, there is any difference with the women here in Chicago and the women in Atlanta and their preferences of dating black men. Some white women like black men, some don't. That's just how it is, everywhere. I know there are white women out there who want you and would love to be with you, but maybe the ones you tried to get with just weren't the ones. I (as a 100% Caucasian male) personally LOVE latina and East Asian women. I find them very easy to have conversations with, and just love how they look. White women have played hard-to-get for me, and really set up all these obstacles instead of being terse like foreign born or 2nd gen Hispanic and Asian chicks (at least in my experiences).

That said, there are a lot of whites with other whites in Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, and that general area, so I'd generally avoid those areas. I'd imagine a place with more diversity has more interracial couples, so West Town and Logan Square couldn't hurt.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,862,124 times
Yes, definitely Wicker Park and Logan Square instead of Lincoln Park and Lakeview. I think some white women will date black men on a short-term basis but marriage is still pretty rare in my observation at least among the professional set.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:55 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobear View Post
Yes, definitely Wicker Park and Logan Square instead of Lincoln Park and Lakeview. I think some white women will date black men on a short-term basis but marriage is still pretty rare in my observation at least among the professional set.
It basically depends on what type of family they come from. What their relationship is with them (how close they are), how open minded, etc. Unfortunately even some of the open minded ones who come from small towns across the US (not just the midwest) may date but not marry someone outside of their race. I was once with a girl who told me she could never get married to me because I'm not Italian and her dad would probably try and kill me or something because of it (no joke).

Old 11-09-2014, 09:58 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
It basically depends on what type of family they come from. What their relationship is with them (how close they are), how open minded, etc. Unfortunately even some of the open minded ones who come from small towns across the US (not just the midwest) may date but not marry someone outside of their race. I was once with a girl who told me she could never get married to me because I'm not Italian and her dad would probably try and kill me or something because of it (no joke).
This happened to me too! Fortunately for me I didn't want to get married anyways and this kept it from becoming an issue.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,077 times
I lived in Atlanta for six months and I am just going to guess that Chicago is about the same for interracial relationships.

Last edited by rzzzz; 11-09-2014 at 10:37 AM..

Old 11-09-2014, 12:33 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I agree. And the history of Chicago dictates that there aren't a lot of open-minded people when it comes to race relations.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:31 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Good luck with that. You'll have to find White women whom actually have a preference for Black males.

I'm a half White half Chinese male, but I look like a Hispanic and I can't get conversations with White girls.

I've mostly lived in dangerous Hispanic gang neighborhoods, and, Hispanic and Black girls are by far, more talkative and easier to approach.

But the kind of Hispanic girls I talk to are the ones who have boyfriends that are in gangs and felons, as they are the easiest to talk to. (But I'm also street smart and can talk like a Hispanic person when I'm with Hispanic people, talk like a White person when I'm around White people.).

As an example, consider the following:

On the public trains and buses, and out on the street, I often hand out pamphlets on anti-Zionism/atheism. With Hispanic girls, 90% of the time they take it. With White women, 90% of the time they reject it.

Why White women are like this I don't know, but most of them are cowards and the ones that are easier to talk to are ones who either went to the Chicago Public Schools, or live in or grew up in Hispanic and Black neighborhoods.
What you said would not be attractive to me at all. Words like your affiliation with gangs and handing out those pamphlets and your calling people who are not attracted to you cowards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago