Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 07:58 AM

73 posts, read 122,648 times

Advertisements

hey so to make it short i am a 25 blk male in Atlanta. Who is deciding to move to chicago in a year and a half or elsewhere. I will date any female who peaks my interests but I have a high attraction to white girls. to be honest I have bad luck with dating white girls in Atlanta but I always see interracial couples here but for me they dont give me a chance. i am not the stereotypical black guy I like indie music and some ppl call me a hipster (ugh) but I am looking into neighborhoods like logan square and or hyde park. Would i have tough time looking for interracial dating in chicago?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
My! OK, if you want to find white girls to date, you should concentrate on Logan Square, Rogers Park and the north side instead of Hyde Park. If you want to live with a white girl, choose Hyde Park.

IMHO

Old 11-07-2014, 09:12 AM

73 posts, read 122,648 times
Why live with them in hyde park, and will they give me a chance in any of those other places or are ppl still kinda racists or standoff towards black guys?

Old 11-07-2014, 09:20 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,102,981 times
Good luck with that. You'll have to find White women whom actually have a preference for Black males.

I'm a half White half Chinese male, but I look like a Hispanic and I can't get conversations with White girls.

I've mostly lived in dangerous Hispanic gang neighborhoods, and, Hispanic and Black girls are by far, more talkative and easier to approach.

But the kind of Hispanic girls I talk to are the ones who have boyfriends that are in gangs and felons, as they are the easiest to talk to. (But I'm also street smart and can talk like a Hispanic person when I'm with Hispanic people, talk like a White person when I'm around White people.).

As an example, consider the following:

On the public trains and buses, and out on the street, I often hand out pamphlets on anti-Zionism/atheism. With Hispanic girls, 90% of the time they take it. With White women, 90% of the time they reject it.

Why White women are like this I don't know, but most of them are cowards and the ones that are easier to talk to are ones who either went to the Chicago Public Schools, or live in or grew up in Hispanic and Black neighborhoods.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:23 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Good luck with that. You'll have to find White women whom actually have a preference for Black males.

I'm a half White half Chinese male, but I look like a Hispanic and I can't get conversations with White girls.

I've mostly lived in dangerous Hispanic gang neighborhoods, and, Hispanic and Black girls are by far, more talkative and easier to approach.

But the kind of Hispanic girls I talk to are the ones who have boyfriends that are in gangs and felons, as they are the easiest to talk to. (But I'm also street smart and can talk like a Hispanic person when I'm with Hispanic people, talk like a White person when I'm around White people.).

As an example, consider the following:

On the public trains and buses, and out on the street, I often hand out pamphlets on anti-Zionism/atheism. With Hispanic girls, 90% of the time they take it. With White women, 90% of the time they reject it.

Why White women are like this I don't know, but most of them are cowards and the ones that are easier to talk to are ones who either went to the Chicago Public Schools, or live in or grew up in Hispanic and Black neighborhoods.
Interesting. I would take a pass on your pamphlets no matter what race. Creepy.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:24 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post
Why live with them in hyde park, and will they give me a chance in any of those other places or are ppl still kinda racists or standoff towards black guys?
There are fewer unattached white females in Hyde Park. The university is mostly male, making the available female population smaller, if you believe in statistics. However, Hyde Park is very accepting of all dating arrangements.

The only area in which you may get static is in approaching white females in some north side yuppie bars. Some are notorious for not admitting two black males together. But that is the management -- I don't think that crosses over to the female clientele. Some male patrons can be standoffish but one can live with that.

Everyone has a chance in dating white women; just bring your "A" game.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:35 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay135 View Post
hey so to make it short i am a 25 blk male in Atlanta. Who is deciding to move to chicago in a year and a half or elsewhere. I will date any female who peaks my interests but I have a high attraction to white girls. to be honest I have bad luck with dating white girls in Atlanta but I always see interracial couples here but for me they dont give me a chance. i am not the stereotypical black guy I like indie music and some ppl call me a hipster (ugh) but I am looking into neighborhoods like logan square and or hyde park. Would i have tough time looking for interracial dating in chicago?
There seemed to be a lot of interracial couples living in Hyde Park and South Loop. There aren't a high number of Blacks in the Gold Coast but there shouldn't be any issues from what I've heard and you will see Black-White couples walking around. There are some interracial couple who hang out in uptown but they didn't seem to be of the professional caliber. Edgewater is another area to consider that may give you access to nightlife. Budget is another piece of the pie.

I personally would check stats on your new potential zip code to make sure the area is livable like rental rates and demographics. I wouldn't live in any neighborhood that is below 10% Black or more than 80% one race.

As far as places to meet other like minded people to date, I would recommend online dating. That way you can manage potential dates and they will do the same. I think interracial dating is easier. Rumors have it that there is a lot of "no black men need to apply" profiles online. But that is ok because it will help you to eliminate.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 AM

166 posts, read 259,702 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Anyway back to OP question. If you want to meet white women that are more open to interracial dating, I'd definitely stick to Logan Square over Hyde Park. But if you're a date-able guy (not totally ugly, decent job, interesting, etc.) you shouldn't have a problem meeting white women or women of any race really. But in my personal opinion, hipsterish women are more open to inter racial dating. The yuppie ones are the ones that want to only date whites.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-08-2014 at 01:51 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 06:07 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
You definitely see inter-racial couples (black-white) downtown too (Loop, River North). Mostly young professional types. I don't think you should pick a neighborhood based on where you think you'll have the best 'chance'. Pick a neighborhood you like, and if you have an interest in inter-racial dating many girls will be open to it. Chicago is a very social city, so if you have an outgoing personality, it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:18 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Chicago is not the best place for you if you are a black male looking to date white women. Sorry! Seattle maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago