Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 08:25 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,240,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
North Mayfair isn't anything close to "hell." Maybe it was in the 80s or 90s or something.

Shurz on the other hand is the kind of high school that keeps Catholic schools in business. Or causes parents to move their kids to suburbia.
It's ok. Oddly I have been spending a lot of time up there lately.

My observation from hanging out more on the NW side combined with my familiarity with the near south side is that without Hispanic immigration a lot of Chicago would be near empty.

I could be wrong, but I doubt the white families who previously loved in those tiny houses, in mass numbers, would have stuck around no matter what.

But, who knows.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:47 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,009,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
if you mean am I happy that a young man lost his life, no. I read somewhere that over 10,000 young black males have perished at one another's hands since the whole Trayvon affair...it seems to me that the problems facing this particular demographic are far far greater than rogue cops.

Shhhhhh......you're not supposed to say that.
It's OK when blacks kill other blacks, but when a white cop kills a black criminal....whoa mama, watch out!

Old 12-05-2014, 12:36 PM

7,107 posts, read 8,878,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Shhhhhh......you're not supposed to say that.
It's OK when blacks kill other blacks, but when a white cop kills a black criminal....whoa mama, watch out!
You don't understand.

When Blacks kill Blacks the criminal is at least charged. That isn't the case when criminal cops kill Blacks.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:50 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,082,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You don't understand.

When Blacks kill Blacks the criminal is at least charged. That isn't the case when criminal cops kill Blacks.
You can't compare Black criminals with White cops or While civilians.

You can compare them with Black cops. When do Black people protest about killings from Black cops?

Also, these White cops/civilians (George Zimmerman) did it for self-defense, another variable.

You know about that incident in Nordstorm on Black Friday? Did Black people protest about Marcus Dee?

And look at the thing that happened in New York.

It's okay for Black people to protest over the New York incident and such. But they don't objectively protest.

There wasn't a protest a few months back when that Black cop Glen Evans shoved a gun down a Black person's throat, but there could have been a protest if a White cop did that.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,767,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Y
There wasn't a protest a few months back when that Black cop Glen Evans shoved a gun down a Black person's throat, but there could have been a protest if a White cop did that.
OTOH, Glenn Evans was charged unlike the white police officers who kill black men.

Chicago Police Commander Glenn Evans charged - Chicago Tribune

Quote:
It was unclear at what point Evans allegedly placed the barrel of his service weapon into the suspect’s mouth. DNA from the man was found on Evans’ gun, according to a State Police lab report.

The Independent Police Review Authority, which looks into allegations of excessive force and other misconduct by Chicago police officers, investigated the gun-in-mouth complaint and recommended that Evans be relieved of his police powers until the case was resolved, but McCarthy left him in his position. The agency also forwarded its findings to Cook County prosecutors for possible criminal charges.

Evans is among 662 officers with 11 or more complaints during a five-year period in the 2000s, newly released police records show. He had 14 complaints between 2001 and 2006 and faced no discipline for any of them, the records show.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:47 PM

867 posts, read 1,363,822 times
Quote:
You don't understand.

It's like screaming at the tv! They will never understand or try to relate to the point you are trying to make. Look at half the post on here and you will realize this site can be equated to watching reality TV and everyone wants to be a star.

Save your breath!

Old 12-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
You don't read do you. I compared Black criminals with White criminal cops.

Quote:
You can compare them with Black cops. When do Black people protest about killings from Black cops?
Black criminal cops are at least charged.

Quote:
It's okay for Black people to protest over the New York incident and such. But they don't objectively protest.
Neither does White people or anyone else. That's the great thing about this country, people can protest what they want.

Quote:
There wasn't a protest a few months back when that Black cop Glen Evans shoved a gun down a Black person's throat, but there could have been a protest if a White cop did that
Once again the Black cop was charged. Read my posts.

This is about police officers not being charged.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
It's like screaming at the tv! They will never understand or try to relate to the point you are trying to make. Look at half the post on here and you will realize this site can be equated to watching reality TV and everyone wants to be a star.

Save your breath!
You are right Runuova!!!

Old 12-07-2014, 07:56 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,082,952 times
Quote:
Quote:
You don't read do you. I compared Black criminals with White criminal cops.
?

I know you did. What I meant was it's not the same comparing Black criminals with White cops or White civilians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC
Black criminal cops are at least charged.
Well, show or tell me an instance where a Black cop shot someone for self-defense but was "convicted."

If you really did mean charged, well Darren Wilson and George Zimmerman were eventually charged. But not initially. They were charged after a protest.

Quote:
Quote:
Also, these White cops/civilians (George Zimmerman) did it for self-defense, another variable.
Neither does White people or anyone else. That's the great thing about this country, people can protest what they want.
Yea, just sad about the people of the country.

Quote:
Quote:
You know about that incident in Nordstorm on Black Friday? Did Black people protest about Marcus Dee?

And look at the thing that happened in New York.

Once again the Black cop was charged. Read my posts.

This is about police officers not being charged
The difference is, they were both charged for different reasons.

Black cops didn't get charged after Black people protested that they didn't get charged.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,009,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post

Save your breath!

Well, I'm not really wasting my breath because frankly, I don't care. I'm one of those people that sits back and shakes their head at most of this stuff. I watched the Fergie stuff for the entertainment value and to see how much destruction these numbnuts were going to cause to their own community.

There was an article in the Trib this weekend where Steve Chapman discusses the argument that blacks are the cause of most of their own problems. Which I happen to agree with.

For example, I think the NY cop should be charged from strangling that guy, but have you seen that guys arrest record? Eventually leading a life of crime and breaking the law is going to catch up with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago