Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM

55 posts, read 163,464 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Chicago and will be working at Northwestern Memorial Hospital downtown. I'm buying a condo and want to know what direction traffic goes in the morning and afternoon. I will be using public transportation primarily and looking to live in the River North / Near North Side or in the West Loop.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 12:10 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Traffic is clogged in all directions during morning and afternoon rush hour. Unless parking is provided to employees by the hospital or you're willing to pay about $250/mo to park in that area, it's kind of irrelevent as you'd probably be taking public transportation. And even that may not be necessary if you're looking to buy a condo in River North, as you could walk to the hospital in about 5 minutes. A commute from the West Loop via public transportation could take anywhere from 7 to 20 minutes, depending on which part of it you lived in.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:54 AM

55 posts, read 163,464 times
I get to the hospital pretty early so I'm not too concerned with the morning traffic. I do get off about 5pm and am told that the traffic from East to West is pretty bad around that time. I can easily walk home when it's warm but I'm thinking more about when the weather is bad. My wife will be taking public transportation again to the Deloitte building on South Wacker.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:06 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy40 View Post
I get to the hospital pretty early so I'm not too concerned with the morning traffic. I do get off about 5pm and am told that the traffic from East to West is pretty bad around that time. I can easily walk home when it's warm but I'm thinking more about when the weather is bad. My wife will be taking public transportation again to the Deloitte building on South Wacker.
I walk about a mile to work in all types of weather. In some repects it is better to walk in the winter so your body will stay warmer rather than waiting for a bus. You can be halfway home if you walk in the amount of time it takes for the bus to arrive sometimes. If you will be living within a mile from NWH , it should not be that big of a deal.

The Deliotte building can accessed by bus or train.

I dont know what streets you guys are moving around,but whether by bus,train,or walking you should not have much of a problem.

Traffic is bad everywhere around downtown at 5pm.
Like Drover said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago