Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 02:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,096,556 times

Advertisements

The Chicago Way...

Old 02-14-2015, 02:33 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
The Chicago Way...
Not all of us in chicago are depraved politicians and cheaters. Some of us respect the Lord.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:04 AM

Chicago mayor to give Jackie Robinson West championship rings - More Sports - SI.com

I just read an article that Rahm wants to give the team rings, because they 'are champions".

But.. this close to elections, he is really buying southside and west side votes.

No one should be rewarded for cheating, even if the kids didn't (or maybe they did, i do not know).. but a team is a team which includes the baseball players, and the coaches, and so if the coaches or whomever cheated, the whole team suffers.

so this is what it means where "everyone gets a trophy just for showing up" sheesh!

Read the comments and see how this reflects our city.. not good.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:29 AM

867 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Chicago mayor to give Jackie Robinson West championship rings - More Sports - SI.com

I just read an article that Rahm wants to give the team rings, because they 'are champions".

But.. this close to elections, he is really buying southside and west side votes.

No one should be rewarded for cheating, even if the kids didn't (or maybe they did, i do not know).. but a team is a team which includes the baseball players, and the coaches, and so if the coaches or whomever cheated, the whole team suffers.

so this is what it means where "everyone gets a trophy just for showing up" sheesh!

I don't think he's just trying to buy South and West side votes. I could be wrong but I think he would have done this anyway.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
I don't think he's just trying to buy South and West side votes. I could be wrong but I think he would have done this anyway.
Coincidence? Jayne Byrne won the mayorship by the current event happening - snow plowing! and she won.

Looks kinda suspicious to me. The election is a couple weeks away. Perfect opportunity. you know Rahm is a politician.. will use anything to get votes.

Now, lets play devils advocate and say he is doing it out of the kindness of his heart. its still wrong.. he is rewarding cheating. so i dont know if the kids knowingly cheated, but the team is one team ,,, they all go down together.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:51 AM

867 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Quote:
Coincidence? Jayne Byrne won the mayorship by the current event happening - snow plowing! and she won.

Looks kinda suspicious to me. The election is a couple weeks away. Perfect opportunity. you know Rahm is a politician.. will use anything to get votes.

Now, lets play devils advocate and say he is doing it out of the kindness of his heart. its still wrong.. he is rewarding cheating. so i dont know if the kids knowingly cheated, but the team is one team ,,, they all go down together.
I'm not saying he's not trying to get votes, I'm saying it's better to be for Chicago than against us. I don't think it's specifically for South and West side votes. It's more than just those areas who may have a problem with some kids getting their trophy taken away.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:27 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
Quote:

This is BS. Did the NY team get trophies after the Danny Almonte fiasco was revealed? No the world understood that their wins did not and should not count because they used a player that should not have been in the games. Does Lance Armstrong get a ceremonial trophy too? How about the SMU football team that was buying the best talent for years? Why in the world would you reward a team for cheating?

And as I said I'm not ready to paint the players as innocent victims. Pretty sure at the age of 13 they understand the difference between living in the city and living in the suburbs.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
IMO it sounds as if JRW (the adults) cheated! I feel bad for the kids that worked hard but, I'm sure plenty of scouts saw what they needed to see to make their futures brighter.

The guy from Evergreen Park will come off as a sore loser for turning them in but, his reasons were valid and the adults running JRW made it easy for him.

Nobody likes to see a win get taken away so I can see the frustration (especially within the black community where we often feel as if we are targeted or held back intentionally).
Thanks for the response. I don't know what it's like to be AA so obviously I can't feel what you do. No question AAs have been held back over time. But that does not mean it's the case with every single incident. Again crying racism when it does not apply only dilutes the power of the word when it does apply IMO. They cheated, they got caught, they got punished. That's it, that's the story. If anyone looks like sore losers it's the parents and supporters of the cheating team who cry racism when it does not apply.

Why would the Evergreen coach be thought of as a sore loser? His kids were denied a once in a lifetime opportunity, that's a pretty steep price to pay as a result of another team cheating. Why wouldn't he want to try to undo a wrong? And a trophy months later hardly makes up for the missed opportunity to complete in the Little League World Series Championship Game.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:43 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
I wonder if Rahm gave special medals or trophies to those he beat in the race for mayor.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I wonder if Rahm gave special medals or trophies to those he beat in the race for mayor.
Nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago