Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 03:07 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,158,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
A flight from Chicago to Toronto is about $300. It's about $500 from Phoenix.
I did Air Canada roundtrip from O'Hare to Pearson in Toronto for $225 a couple of months back. I bought the tickets only a few weeks before my planned trip as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 03:13 PM

9 posts, read 8,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Why make this a seeking to enter Canada question and reason for the OP's post?
There always has to be plan B. If everything will went fortunately I will have open all the USA and then Canada won't be needed

Old 02-16-2015, 03:39 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,387,641 times
I actually don't think his idea is so bad. If he had something lined up in the Detroit area, that could be an interesting idea. They're a manufacturing hub and literally border Ontario, Canada. But we all know the economy is not the best in Metro Detroit and it might be a tough cookie for a newcomer from abroad to crack. I think Chicago may not be a bad choice actually. Certainly better than NYC. Chicago, Metro Detroit & the Midwest certainly have far more manufacturing going on than NYC. I'm not sure about Toronto.

Quote:
A scenic route to Canada is irreverent to the OP's question. To Change his FIRST choice from the USA to Canada, is a last resort for the OP. Besides, Busses run into Canada through Detroit too. If your post is to change the OP's heart? To choose Chicago first? Address the OP. Not everyone dreams of NYC.

Excerpt from the OP's original post

Old 02-16-2015, 04:04 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,242,071 times
You could be in Windsor in about five hours but if your papers aren't in order you'd never make it over the border.

I imagine sneaking over the border to Canada would be far easier in more western states. It's never really occurred to me.

Sorry I can't address your other questions, but I don't know the answer to them.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,298,108 times
Quote:

Because he mentioned the Canada bit 3 times! Clearly it is on his mind. The scenery doesn't matter, it's just easy to get to Montreal from NYC. 68 bucks and jump on the train. It's a headache and more expensive from Chicago. There is no bus from Chicago to anywhere in Canada. I don't care about changing his mind, but why would someone move to Chicago given his criteria?

Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,242,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
Because he mentioned the Canada bit 3 times! Clearly it is on his mind. The scenery doesn't matter, it's just easy to get to Montreal from NYC. 68 bucks and jump on the train. It's a headache and more expensive from Chicago. There is no bus from Chicago to anywhere in Canada. I don't care about changing his mind, but why would someone move to Chicago given his criteria?
You could take a 5 hr Amtrak to Detroit for less than $50 then jump on the tunnel bus.

Anyway, this conversation has become absurd.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:57 AM

596 posts, read 815,389 times
Stick a fork in this thread, it's done.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,387,641 times
Hope the OP enjoyed a paczki yesterday, cuz I did lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
Stick a fork in this thread, it's done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: