Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:05 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,534,364 times

Advertisements

The most interesting thing about this election is that 65% of the voting population doesn't care who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 08:04 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,344,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
You don't understand that the election isn't over yet and that Rahm will most likely win. That's weird.
This is what the first run-off mayoral election in Chicago history. Pretty sad showing for Rahm right after a big Obama support rally and considering how many absolute t_rds have been continually reelected in Illinois historically. I agree Rahm is likely to eek by.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:57 PM

2,438 posts, read 3,315,681 times
Can't believe I'm saying this....but I really hope Rahm wins.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:58 AM

14,800 posts, read 17,573,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Can't believe I'm saying this....but I really hope Rahm wins.
There never was another option in the race, at least if you care about Chicago's future.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:56 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,140,306 times
I'm confident Rahm will win this.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:57 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,989,538 times
Default Sadly true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
There never was another option in the race, at least if you care about Chicago's future.
It is obvious that folks that could have garnered the support of "business interests" such as Toni Preckwinkle or Gery Chico -- have cut deals with Rahm to stay on the sidelines...

There are probably some decent humans that have the talents to actually run Chicago for the good of the people that live here instead of whoever is the biggest donor AND also garner the confidence of the financial backers that need to keep the charade spinning , Forrest Claypool being #1 on that list Forrest Claypool | Wikipedia , but you also have to sort of want to be a pugilistic spot-light grabbing bully to run for the job and that more accurately describes Rahm than anybody else...

Old 03-04-2015, 03:42 PM

166 posts, read 258,145 times
If Chuy can somehow get Toni Preckwinkle to publicly support him, he may have a real shot. I've never voted for Rahm. I've never liked the guy. I'm still a bit ticked that he was even allowed to be on the ballot the first time. He paid his way on to the ballot! anyway, if Chuy can get the right supporters he could take down Rahm. A lot of voters who thought "No way Rahm gets voted out, why vote?" are now thinking that theres a real chance Chuy can get him out. They might show up at the polls next month. And the overall turnout was embarrassing. Increase the turnout in the right areas and Rahm might be going fishing.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:01 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,573,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedCubbieBlue View Post
If Chuy can somehow get Toni Preckwinkle to publicly support him, he may have a real shot. I've never voted for Rahm. I've never liked the guy. I'm still a bit ticked that he was even allowed to be on the ballot the first time. He paid his way on to the ballot! anyway, if Chuy can get the right supporters he could take down Rahm. A lot of voters who thought "No way Rahm gets voted out, why vote?" are now thinking that theres a real chance Chuy can get him out. They might show up at the polls next month. And the overall turnout was embarrassing. Increase the turnout in the right areas and Rahm might be going fishing.
Prekwinkle is not endorsing anyone.

Preckwinkle will remain neutral in April 7 runoff election | Chicago

Chuy is a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 PM

955 posts, read 1,821,922 times
Quote:
The best thing about this is that the long dormant and lethargic Latino vote now has the chance to count for something. They have undervoted for many years and it looks like this now is their Harold Washington moment. If they start voting in numbers, it will change the landscape of Chicago politics big time.

As for Emanuel, he's been a lousy mayor who has ignored the neighborhoods and is disliked by almost every Chicagoan I know. If he goes down many will cheer.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:12 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,433,917 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago