Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 07:46 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,209 times

Advertisements

I love this weather!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,397,087 times
It's not just Chicago that's been cool and rainy--it was snowing/sleeting in N. Wisconsin yesterday, and I just got back from Baltimore where it has been overcast, cool, and rained for 16 days straight.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:19 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,905,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
It feels normal to you, isn't that being anecdotal on your end too?!
Eh, you're missing my point and you totally misread me. I was going by the numbers, what the future forecast is for the last 1.5 weeks of the month (plus this coming Saturday) and also the fact that I've noticed that people in Chicago tend to have amnesia. Every single time there's a great day in a spring month, people will be "oh finally!" and then like all weather in the Midwest, it will go down a few days later. Then a few days after that it will be nice again and people will say "Finally! A good day this year!" Next Saturday is supposed to be in the mid 70s and sunny. I guarantee you that people will do the same thing and completely forget the fact that it was 80+ degrees last Friday.

But you never know, I guess - considering the weather in the midwest is always up and down this time of year. The last 1.5 weeks of the year could be downgraded easily and it could still be cold-ish for this time of year (I remember seeing, 5 days ago, that Thursday and Friday were supposed to be in the mid 70s this week but now it's low to mid 60s)

BTW many cities are experiencing colder than usual days here and there this month even outside of the US - NYC, Boston, DC, etc. Some are experiencing slightly warmer for some reason though - Seattle, Dallas, etc.

Last edited by marothisu; 05-15-2016 at 11:42 AM..

Old 05-15-2016, 01:53 PM

575 posts, read 615,735 times
Oh Marothisu is right. The weather here is great. Ha ha.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
The last two days have not been good at all - although I was just out and when it was sunny out with minimal wind it felt warmer than it actually was.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:22 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
I don't know about "great", but Chicago weather is certainly no worse than most of the northeastern and north central U.S.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:49 PM

796 posts, read 929,925 times
most years, I turn the heat off in april for good. this year, I had to turn it back on a number of times due to how cold it's gotten at nights. I mean it was under 40 degrees when I woked up this morning.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:04 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I don't know about "great", but Chicago weather is certainly no worse than most of the northeastern and north central U.S.
Well that's kind of a moot point, I mean you are talking about a big region. For example Green Bay gets much worse weather than Chicago, as does Portland Maine to NYC. But when it comes to major US cities, Chicago tends to be in the Top 10 considered for worst. I don't care if other cities in the region are just as bad or worse, it doesn't change the fact for the most part the weather here sucks for most people. Yes, most people don't like the cold or winter. Hence why people retire to the south and warmer climates. Also, why people don't like to vacation to cities during the winter, rather than summer. I think it is quite evident that the average person prefers warm weather opposed to cold weather.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Chicago is not going to win any awards year round for weather even when it's nice in the summer. But this is well known - anybody moving to Chicago from the US who doesn't know this is probably living under a rock.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:44 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Chicago is not going to win any awards year round for weather even when it's nice in the summer. But this is well known - anybody moving to Chicago from the US who doesn't know this is probably living under a rock.
Of course. I just get annoyed when people try to defend the craptacular weather we have here as not that bad, and say that people exaggerate how bad the weather is here. Naw, Chicago when it comes to major cities in the US is one of the worst for weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago