Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,392,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
Why? Do you own one? Want to return yours? ☺
Yeah, and he only has 80 monthly payments left.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:29 AM

867 posts, read 1,363,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What do you think would happen if God said "I'll give you your child back but you have to return the new car".

How long would she contemplate that scenario?
You're not really expecting an answer from me are you? How would I know?

Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 AM

867 posts, read 1,363,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Do you know for an absolute fact the the grief she feels for her son surpasses the grief I felt for my pet? Because I can feel you right now that I LOVED that little guy.

I also refrained from shopping and buying expensive, new vehicles in the immediate aftermath of his death because, you know, grief,

So...

(I'm gonna need for people to not take this post ultra seriously. These "parents" are a joke and therefore I am making jokes about their poor, highly public decision. I feel bad a little boy died a horrific death I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but I don't feel bad for his parents b/c they are fools. End of story.)
Do you know for an absolute fact that she feels no grief?

Do I feel that the parents lead less than exemplary lives? Yes!
Do I believe that they miss and loved their son? Yes!

Bad people are capable of emotion. You're implying that they have none!

Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,082,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What do you think would happen if God said "I'll give you your child back but you have to return the new car".

How long would she contemplate that scenario?
Is this a serious question? Of course she'll take the child.

It's this logic, "given the child is dead, what's wrong with taking/spending the money?"

And here's a tougher question to ask - what should she spend her money on, given she got that. It's not like all that money went to drugs (although if it did we wouldn't know, but I'm sure some of it has). Guess she didn't have a credit card debt to begin with.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:13 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,291,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
Do you know for an absolute fact that she feels no grief?

Do I feel that the parents lead less than exemplary lives? Yes!
Do I believe that they miss and loved their son? Yes!

Bad people are capable of emotion. You're implying that they have none!
Not what I'm implying at all. To feel zero emotion would make her a sociopath or something and I've already stated that I don't think she's a sociopath devoid of emotion. I have no doubt that she has grieved, but I have my doubts about the level of grief here.

Sorry but I think it is crazy and idiotic to assume that all parents love their children unequivocally. Many parents do not love their children. Many may love their children but no where near as much as they love themselves or going out and having fun. These people were like 14-16 years old when they had this baby. A lot of teens are selfish as heck at that age. Some do not grow out of that mentality, even once they have kids.

it sounds cynical and cruel but how do you know for a fact that this woman isn't out there thinking. "I miss my son but, who, I am 25/26 years old, in the prime of my life, got a shiny new car, no more ball and chain?" I mean, if you personally know these people and know this isn't the case, that's fine, but, my goodness, there really are so-called parents out there who have these thoughts. And I think Ms. Karla will be hitting up the club in her shiny new toy soon enough and daddy Pierre will keep trying to sell garish t-shirts at $45 a pop to keep raising money for "funeral costs".

Old 11-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Is this a serious question? Of course she'll take the child.

It's this logic, "given the child is dead, what's wrong with taking/spending the money?"

And here's a tougher question to ask - what should she spend her money on, given she got that. It's not like all that money went to drugs (although if it did we wouldn't know, but I'm sure some of it has). Guess she didn't have a credit card debt to begin with.
Yeah, I would have spent that money on getting me and my family the heck out of the neighborhood where my child was gunned down and where I now feel so "fearful" for my life that I don't want to walk around/take the bus any more. Unless you own a house there, I see little reason to stay. Bad enough the child is dead but if he was specifically targeted, that would be my cue to pack up and go.

I would use some of that money to move the investigation along, hiring my own investigator if needed.

A lot of parents of victimized children create nonprofits or at least donate to existing nonprofits, in hopes of helping to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Or she can buy a car, which is fine, but dang, at least wait until the child is actually buried before going out to buy a flashy new ride. It's the sort of silly, indiscriminate spending you see from new lottery winners and sports/rap stars fresh out of the inner city, and a lot of those people end up more broke than before. In this case, the "lottery" they won was a nice sized payout from donations earmarked for their child's funeral, which is just gross. Geez, can you imagine her trying to explain when she got this car or how she was able to afford it to people she meets in the future? Worse, everyone knows when and how now, thanks to social media and the news.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:43 AM

I'm sure you guys remember the Black lady that died instantly when a block of rock fell of the roof of a church in the South loop. On Michigan and Cullerton. Of course her family sued the church. For $$.

The sad part of it is, if they win millions from it... then they may not regret her death.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:21 PM

596 posts, read 814,987 times
Quote:
I'm sure you guys remember the Black lady that died instantly when a block of rock fell of the roof of a church in the South loop. On Michigan and Cullerton. Of course her family sued the church. For $$.

The sad part of it is, if they win millions from it... then they may not regret her death.
How often does pieces of building fall off in the city of Chicago? Is the city not doing a good job of keeping buildings up to code?

Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 PM

Actually they're blaming the Presbyterian church for whatever it was that allowed the stone to fall.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:

???

Umm, okay, completely different situations, but...okay

Moderator cut: This thread is going nowhere constructive. I'm closing it and I'm posting about it here in order not to bump it back up to the top. Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 11-12-2015 at 02:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago