Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,996,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
They've died.

It is not a place where guys with lots of unreportable income can live cheaply. You can't just show up with a bag of cash and pay our property taxes to some Billy Graham type in Wheaton and expect to not raise suspicions. In C(r)ook County I suspect a bag cash dropped off at the County office would be no big deal, sorta like when some one brings in donuts for everyone to share in a normal office...
Which is why criminal types end up associated with cash businesses like bars, restaurants, car washes, laundromats, cleaners, etc. It's not rocket science.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM

20 posts, read 92,328 times
A lot of Outfit money in nursing homes as well

Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
I was best friends with a mafia princess growing up in Elmhurst. Her Daddy was in the "juke box" business. :
The Iauppas,Cerones and Giancanna families all lived there and I attended Catholic school with some of the kids and then on to York High. We never paid much mind or treated them differently though everyone knew what business they were in. I knew they never missed Sunday mass and mom said "at least they were religious" .
Jackie Cerone had beautiful,really nice kids who lived by relatives of mine. They were the envy of the 'hood cuz they had a pool. He died a horrid death and my mom was one who went to the house to be with Mrs C .
I know the restaurant on Park/York. I thought it was just a rumor about who owned it. But certainly could be.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM

333 posts, read 1,147,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I was best friends with a mafia princess growing up in Elmhurst. Her Daddy was in the "juke box" business. :
The Iauppas,Cerones and Giancanna families all lived there and I attended Catholic school with some of the kids and then on to York High. We never paid much mind or treated them differently though everyone knew what business they were in. I knew they never missed Sunday mass and mom said "at least they were religious" .
Jackie Cerone had beautiful,really nice kids who lived by relatives of mine. They were the envy of the 'hood cuz they had a pool. He died a horrid death and my mom was one who went to the house to be with Mrs C .
I know the restaurant on Park/York. I thought it was just a rumor about who owned it. But certainly could be.
Jackie Cerone lived in Elmwood Park, Giancana lived in Oak Park, and Aiuppa lived in Melrose Park, and later Oak Brook. Never heard of any of them in Elmhurst.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
Jackie Cerone lived in Elmwood Park, Giancana lived in Oak Park, and Aiuppa lived in Melrose Park, and later Oak Brook. Never heard of any of them in Elmhurst.
All these famililies lived in or around Elmhurst. Jackie Cerone lived in an area of Elmhurst called Brynhaven on Huntington Ln. Some of the Oakbrook kids attended Elmhurst schools (in the 60's) All The kids I mentioned graduated from York and the Aiuppas lived on York Rd in Elmhurst and attended Immacualte Conception church. I am sure there are others members of their families who lived in other towns.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM

204 posts, read 761,215 times
Quote:
All these famililies lived in or around Elmhurst. Jackie Cerone lived in an area of Elmhurst called Brynhaven on Huntington Ln. Some of the Oakbrook kids attended Elmhurst schools (in the 60's) All The kids I mentioned graduated from York.
Jackie Cerone died after being released from jail. How was that a horrid death??

Old 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl333 View Post
Jackie Cerone died after being released from jail. How was that a horrid death??
Who was the Cerone who was killed in the underground pipe system in the 60's. Dont tell me I mixed up my criminals. God, I cant be getting that old !

Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
Quote:
Who was the Cerone who was killed in the underground pipe system in the 60's. Dont tell me I mixed up my criminals. God, I cant be getting that old !
Maybe Frank? John died in '96.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 PM

You could be right Surlycue, I just called my mother who insisted Cerone was murdered in "an underground tunnel explosion" in the 60's. She can not remember his first name but said the wifes name was Rose. I remember the daughter,Pam.
I have to find out which Cerone, I may have been spreading rumors about the mob and may be next on their list.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:38 PM

20 posts, read 92,328 times
I don't think the owner of 100 South has anything to do with the Outfit. Thats the restaurant that everyone is referring to on York/Park in Elmhurst, right? I have actually met him a few times. Nice guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago