Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 08:15 PM

41 posts, read 61,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
I feel your parking woes. I live a couple blocks north of Loyola University. Starting at Farwell, the parking becomes free 24/7, no parking permit required. I've noticed the best times to get a spot is right in the morning when people are leaving for work (I take the redline downtown). I only use my car for occasional shopping trips and to visit family. Sometimes when it's bad, I've had to park on Jarvis and walk back to my apartment. I guess I can't complain since it's free, but really the only thing I worry about is forgetting about the damn street cleanings and coming back to my car with a nice new $60 parking ticket.
Yeah that is kind of why i opted for this space even though its not that convenient. I figure if i park it on the street and don't move it, i'm bound to get a few tickets. I think there is some website where you can look to see when they will be on your street, but working full time, going to school, dealing with family, i don't think i'd be able to deal with looking it up, then moving it, and circling the area to find a spot since everyone is looking.

I'm glad it's at least free and un-restricted somewhat by you. That's pretty darn nice. I feel like that side of loyola is a little better with parking. I just wish loyola allowed you to park overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeamish View Post
Bike to your car and back.

You probably know this but some of those North Shore neighborhoods have express buses direct nonstop to the loop that would be faster than the Red Line.
I was actually thinking about one of those scooters. Razor or whatever. I know it'll look funny but i'm fairly certain i have one in my parents garage and i can keep that thing folded up in my car, which i can't for the bike. Not sure how that'll do in the snow or rain (with getting my pants wet/etc.) but atleast it helps on some days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 07:23 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,578,161 times
i never rent an apartment without first making sure i get a parking space. parking by the lake - you have to have a reserved parking space always. if you decide to move, make sure you do that and not rely on promises. get it in writing. even if you have to pay for it like i did. Craigslist might have some advertised. are you sure some of the 4 plus 1 apartment buildings wont rent you a space? sometimes they let outsiders rent them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: