Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 07:57 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times

Advertisements

You know here in NYC Bill DeBlasio has turned out to be one of the top three worst mayors in the history of the city. He's been handing out money like candy to plaintiffs in lawsuits against the city, going on a hiring spree for city workers that aren't needed, encouraging the homeless to come here, directing the police not to enforce quality of life offenses in the streets & subway, etc etc.

But despite all that, I see that Rahm Emanuel is easily an order of magnitude worse. Where does this guy's support come from? He is completely ruining Chicago. How does anyone stand for this? Why isn't he coming down hard on the gangs & violence? You guys need you own Rudy Giuliani to come in and clean house. Right now it's only going to get worse - ever see the documentary "The Bronx is Burning"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 08:01 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,102,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
But despite all that, I see that Rahm Emanuel is easily an order of magnitude worse. Where does this guy's support come from? He is completely ruining Chicago. How does anyone stand for this?
Got any examples of this?

Quote:
Why isn't he coming down hard on the gangs & violence?
This isn't something he can do about it, and he is working on trying to hire 500 more cops (which I am against).

Old 12-09-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
This isn't something he can do about it
Yeah ok, looks like I found my answer. You are part of the problem

Old 12-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Did you just totally ignore my 1st post?

That's how I know you're insecure. But I'll give you time to respond.

Quote:
Yeah ok, looks like I found my answer. You are part of the problem
Nope, there is nothing he can do about it. Most Black on Black shootings are for drug-deal ripoffs and people owing each other money.

I personally lived in a neighborhood where people constantly borrowed money from me. They lied about paying me back. They lied about where the money went. They saw me as just a White guy with no allies.

I feel like getting a shot gun and shoot them, but I'm not the type. They know I'm a softie so they take advantage.

Do I go to the police about it? Yes, but they won't arrest someone for not paying you money.

I even send an e-mail to the state's attorney office, no response. (But they can't do anything if there is no law they broke).

Then I even try to lure the guy, next time they get in my face I insult them, they punch me in the face, blood nose/chin. Take picture, go to police station, "well, we can only arrest for misdemeanor battery, you still won't get your money back."

But if I shoot them, I get the murder charge.

So you see the shtuation?

I glorify Chicago's crimes because I'm glad these people are killed. Gangs constanly rip each other off and they constantly shoot each other for that.

I wish they would kil each other off so there's none of them left.

So I think it's good when people shoot each other. Simply put, I feel the ones who are killed deerve to be killed, and your solution is to stop that?

There's nothing the police can do, they can only save a life when they say "don't rip people off, so you won't get killed."

Old 12-09-2016, 11:03 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
To NealIRC - funny, i too thought that the gang bangers are just shooting each other and killing each other off, and that might be a good thing....

... except that sometimes little kids and grandmas get in the way of drive bys, so there ya go.. not good.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
To NealIRC - funny, i too thought that the gang bangers are just shooting each other and killing each other off, and that might be a good thing....

... except that sometimes little kids and grandmas get in the way of drive bys, so there ya go.. not good.
Most Black on Black shootings are not gang related, even if it were by people who happen to be in gangs.

A lot of times it's drug competition. When someone comes to your hood or block and sells drugs, then whoever the former sellers were, lost customers. And that causes problems / jealousy.

This is why most Black on Black shootings, the shooter and shootee know each other in some way.

With this network, Black people in Chicago generally don't have time to go shoot around at random rival people they don't know.

But it's different with Hispanic on Hispanic shootings, in which the shooter and shootee don't know each other, and not about rip offs.

It's actually very easy to get rid of Hispanic criminals, if I were in charge of CPD I could get rid of Hispanic criminals instantly, but not with Black on Black shootings.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Why isn't he coming down hard on the gangs & violence?
Quote:
This isn't something he can do about it
I promise you the mayor has every ability to clean up the city, but there needs to be competence and the will to do it

Old 12-11-2016, 05:05 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Quote:
Most Black on Black shootings are not gang related, even if it were by people who happen to be in gangs.

A lot of times it's drug competition. When someone comes to your hood or block and sells drugs, then whoever the former sellers were, lost customers. And that causes problems / jealousy.

This is why most Black on Black shootings, the shooter and shootee know each other in some way.

With this network, Black people in Chicago generally don't have time to go shoot around at random rival people they don't know.

But it's different with Hispanic on Hispanic shootings, in which the shooter and shootee don't know each other, and not about rip offs.

It's actually very easy to get rid of Hispanic criminals, if I were in charge of CPD I could get rid of Hispanic criminals instantly, but not with Black on Black shootings.
ok gangbangers, drug dealers, perps in general, whats the difference if they are all endangering life.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I promise you the mayor has every ability to clean up the city, but there needs to be competence and the will to do it
I actually think the president can do a better job, but maybe we should wait until Trump comes to office if the elections weren't rigged by the Russians.

The last time the president did an executive order against an entire group of people, was in 1945, when all people of Japanese descent had to be rounded up.

Why not do that to some of Chicago's gangs. After all, joining a gang is more of a choice than race/ethnicity.

I don't see much the mayor can do without the help of the federal government.

Of course, he and the state's attorney can agree to have CPD shoot them all, and the state's attorney drop all charges, but that won't happen with the new state's attorney. ;>

Old 12-12-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I don't see much the mayor can do without the help of the federal government.
Like I said, you and your peers are part of the part of the problem. Not only do you NOT need the Federal government, but you can do it when even the federal government is against you. New York City was a total apocalyptic disaster when Rudy Guilliani came in. Nobody thought NYC was governable yet he demanded accountability from all branches of the city government and put an emphasis on cleaning up the streets, breaking up gangs, enforcing laws, and going easy on NO ONE including the cops who had a job to do. It takes someone with balls to do what's needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago