Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Chicago's Mayor seek Federal help in its gsngland murders as Trump suggested?
Yes 43 76.79%
No 13 23.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:05 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,480,290 times

Advertisements

Put street gangs under the same category as terrorism, G.D's and Vice Lords belong on the same category as ISIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 02:28 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,890,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
No.

Let the criminals kills each other. It's much faster than what the legal system can do.

When all the criminals kill each other, then only the soft ones are left.

Evolution has a plan.
Such compassion for the poor innocent folks who get caught in the crossfire.

More Children Caught In The Crossfire Amid Chicago Street Shootings Spike : NPR

Quote:
Since the beginning of the year, at least 15 children in the city, age 12 and under, have been wounded unintentionally by bullets, says Andrew Holmes, a community activist in Chicago.

He rattles off the incidents: They started Feb. 11, when a young child was shot at 3700 West Chicago. Two days later, a 2-year-old was shot at West 64th. The list of incidents in which gunfire harmed young children goes on.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:46 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,657,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
Why will it ever change? You have a professor from a major university in Georgia advocating "voluntary reparations" and Big Al living high on the hog profiteering off of a lie. This is their cultural problem. Let them fix it.

Counterpoint: The National Guard would not have to fear civil liability issues and could restore order through force. This could dramatically reduce the violence in Chicago. Martial law could be ordered.

What happens when they pull out?
You know, in an era of terrifying infringements upon Constitutional rights that would have been unthinkable years before, I guess I never thought I would actually see the nation's military turned on its own citizens.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,949,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
You know, in an era of terrifying infringements upon Constitutional rights that would have been unthinkable years before, I guess I never thought I would actually see the nation's military turned on its own citizens.

They SHOULD be turned on it's own citizens. large swaths of this city are war zones, and the CPD is not equipped (or allowed) to handle it properly. I'd love to see the day where certain neighborhoods on the southside are turned into a military state.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:25 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,657,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
They SHOULD be turned on it's own citizens. large swaths of this city are war zones, and the CPD is not equipped (or allowed) to handle it properly. I'd love to see the day where certain neighborhoods on the southside are turned into a military state.
Sure. What a good idea.

Hey, while we're declaring war on our own citizens, why stop at using the military to kill society's undesirables? We should just imprison them for the crime of being born into a bad neighborhood.

We could really get a lot of free work out of those people if we just put them on trains to a work camp.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,603,524 times
Trump is ok with spending millions of federal dollars policing Chicago. He's a dirty liberal.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:39 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,469,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Trump is ok with spending millions of federal dollars policing Chicago. He's a dirty liberal.
He can use the federal funds that will be withheld from all the "sanctuary" cities.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:17 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,450,997 times
Quote:

What would your proposed solution to the gang violence be? Let me guess. More gun control and job training programs (for jobs which don't exist)?

Old 01-11-2017, 08:14 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,949,053 times
Quote:
Sure. What a good idea.

Hey, while we're declaring war on our own citizens, why stop at using the military to kill society's undesirables? We should just imprison them for the crime of being born into a bad neighborhood.

We could really get a lot of free work out of those people if we just put them on trains to a work camp.
There are a handful of neighborhoods in Chicago which have seen, in 2016, more murders than all of NYC, LA, and SF COMBINED. I think we are getting pretty close to military state being the only solution to stopping the killing spree.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:17 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,860,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
He clearly is a liberal on a lot of issues. I don't quite understand why the Democrats hate him so much and apparently would prefer to have the far more conservative Pence as president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago