Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:04 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Missouri, Tennessee and Arkansas type places are states that brag on open carry and have some of the most outrageous gun violence. That needs to be considered when having discussions about gun laws.
What needs to be considered when having discussions about gun laws is the criminal mis-use of firearms and the lack of enforcing the current laws on the books. Not on those who own and carry firearms lawfully.

I'll repeat:
Quote:
There are already more than enough laws that address the criminal and negligent mis-use of firearms. Along with laws that address every conceivable criminal act imaginable. This applies to all states. Just take the time to read all of the questions on Form 4473 and you'll see all of the conditions regarding the lawful possession of a firearm.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Every gun owner believes in gun control. The extent of gun control is where they differ.

Try not to make presumptuous statements about folks you don't know -- it reduces your credibility.
Sorry to have offended you, it's just that I don't believe you.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:54 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Sorry to have offended you, it's just that I don't believe you.
Tough noogies. Just deal with the accuracy of the opinions stated; not your suspicions about a poster.

Enforce current laws? Sure! Enforce those laws about straw purchasers and gun show illegal transfers. Enforce those laws about locking and securing firearms in the home.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:01 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The classes aren't that expensive. I signed up for the 16 hours training this month for just $80.
Anyone that thinks filling out a FOID application is difficult should not be carrying a gun. A 9 year old could fill out the FOID application and 16 hours of firearms training is nothing. You need over 300 hours to be a pet groomer.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:42 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The classes aren't that expensive. I signed up for the 16 hours training this month for just $80.
Nice, just got my FOID card and need to look into the training course next. I was under the impression the classes were $300ish.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:16 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,190,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
So by passing additional gun control laws, St. Louis and Kansas City will then become shining beacons of safety? Criminals will turn in their weapons and become model citizens and then we can all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya".
They were certainly better off under Missouri's previous laws. Making it even easier for criminals to get guns hasn't worked and it hasn't made the rest of the state's population any safer.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
When 2% of the population create 80% of the problem, gun laws are ineffective. Restrictive or non-restrictive.

Supplies of guns are not the problem. At least the problem tends to take care of itself. Just gotta pity the innocents.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Manigault;48788142]Tough noogies. Just deal with the accuracy of the opinions stated; not your suspicions about a poster.

Enforce current laws? Sure! Enforce those laws about straw purchasers and gun show illegal transfers. Enforce those laws about locking and securing firearms in the home.
Well how are you gonna' enforce that genius? Search every home in the country? That'll go over big. First of all there's not enough manpower. Second, they'd have to get a search warrant. In order to get a search warrant they have to have probable cause. Or are you willing to give that up too? What other rights are you willing to give up in the name of public safety? Tell you what? They can start with your home first.

Yeah' tough noogies! I suspect you haven't thought things out too clearly before you post. My opinions have been very accurate, I've been at this game for a long time. No where have you pointed out where I'm wrong.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 07-10-2017 at 08:52 PM..

Old 07-10-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When 2% of the population create 80% of the problem, gun laws are ineffective. Restrictive or non-restrictive.

Supplies of guns are not the problem. At least the problem tends to take care of itself. Just gotta pity the innocents.
You've nailed it!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
They were certainly better off under Missouri's previous laws. Making it even easier for criminals to get guns hasn't worked and it hasn't made the rest of the state's population any safer.
The laws are still the same regarding criminals, and the criminal or negligent mis-use of firearms . It's only made it easier for the law abiding to be able to carry a gun for their own self protection.

The 2nd Amendment is a right just like all the rest and not a privilege. It should always be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago