Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 08:20 PM

106 posts, read 112,341 times

Advertisements

I watched every bulles game during all six championships and never felt the need to watch a game since.

Has anyone else stopped watching bulls since the ninties?

Just seems boring nothing compares I watched the last three championships LeBron never gets me excited as Jordan.

Will never be another team like the bulls. Even if warriors put up better numbers not as fun to watch as the bulls back in the day . I never had an experience since the bulls in the ninties I remember once me and my dad hot so excited we both jumped up and knocked a hole in the ceiling.

The only thing that got me that excited since day bulls was Cubs winning world series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 08:37 PM

1,022 posts, read 773,961 times
I not only stopped watching the Bulls when the dynasty broke up but the whole NBA. With Jordan gone and the Larry Bird Celtics gone the NBA got boring and watered down. I talk too hardcore NBA fans who do not even like it anymore. At least we have the Hawks now and soon maybe the White Sox will win another title

Old 07-23-2017, 09:28 PM

504 posts, read 496,015 times
Huge fan now even though I don't like 3 point shooting as much as 90s ball.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 AM

255 posts, read 414,881 times
As a Millennial or Gen Z person (depending on definition), I love watching the NBA. I used to not and bought into the argument that college bball was better. But when actually watching a ton of NBA during my freshman year of college this past year, I realized I enjoy the NBA a lot more. It's fast paced and a lot more exciting to me than baseball, football, soccer, and hockey. I also happen to be a NASCAR fan which is pretty odd lol.

But yeah the Bulls suck right now and need to get rid of Hoiberg. I would suggest hiring Jerry Stackhouse, as I feel he would not only have better offenses but much better defensive schemes. And yes the league does kinda suck with the Warriors, but I'd much rather watch them play a team like the Timberwolves than sit through 9 whole innings of baseball on TV. To each their own.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:28 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,198,592 times
I was a kid when they were doing the dynasty thing. I remember the good moments, but I consider most of it before my time.
The last one is really the only one I truly remember.

Anyway, I watched them back during the bench mob era in 2011-2014
Then they went downhill and I only watched important games.

Same with the cubs before they won. I used to watch them sparingly.

I still consider myself a fan.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:24 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,770,288 times
Yeah I too stopped watching the Bulls after the Dynasty.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,000 times
There will NEVER be another team like the UNSTOPPABULLS! Couldn't care less about basketball since that wonderful period.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:37 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
I too have stopped watching the bulls and pretty much all NBA since the Jordan era. I'll watch a game 7 of the playoffs or finals maybe.

Edit.. I'll still go to a game every once in a while when someone has an extra ticket.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 PM

796 posts, read 930,815 times
I have been watching since I was a kid in the 90's. I'm no longer in chicago this season for the first time ever and the bulls are gonna suck this season. I don't know if I want to go out of my way to watch an inferior product. especially if it's going to cost me extra.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 AM

410 posts, read 634,053 times
Derrick Rose, during his peak, was an exciting time for me. I honestly thought with a strong bench, our defensive prowess, and thibs, we could head to the top. Perhaps I was also clouded by all the anti-Lebron hullabaloo when he was on the Heat, but I genuinely thought we had a chance to take the finals.

Then, the injuries came, and my confidence was rattled. Still, I held out the hope that Rose would recover his explosive performance.

But the injuries kept coming, and his level of play degraded significantly. Jimmy Butler's rise gave me some solace, and in 2015, even after our elimination at the hands of the Cavs, I could see that Butler was going to be one of the marquee forwards in the league, and it was my hope that once again, Rose could return to his former MVP ways, and Thibodeau would help us guide the way.

Then Thibs was fired, a move that I thought was unbelievably stupid. We traded Rose, which honestly, brought me back down to earth, D-rose wasn't coming back at least under Bulls leadership. But then on top of that we got rid of Butler? A potential franchise player for years to come, and now with the Kyrie Irving business, it seems that Butler could've spurred a playoff boon for us with Irving's potential recruitment(now, with Butler a Twolve, seems that Irving could be one too).

GarPax has ruined the Bulls. Looking back, the Krause era made some astute decisions, resulting in Jordan, Pippen, and the rest of the dynasty team. GarPax is going to be known for throwing away their young prospects, and netting bad deals and acquiring washed up stars at a pretty penny.

In conclusion, heres to hoping the Bulls can recapture my attention. Never seen Zach Lavine play but I certainly heard he showed a little promise. But as of now, I'm watching James Harden and the Rockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago