Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 03:31 PM

398 posts, read 382,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
It's a city of 4 million, metro area about 12 million, IIRC. I'm pretty sure that in all that population vastness, there are at least a few "regular folks" in there.

Well, of course there are some regular and some very solid people in LA.

I just know from living there and living in a few other major American cities (I've lived in LA, NYC, Philly, and Chicago), that the percentage of fake and flaky people in Los Angeles is substantially higher than everywhere else. You can find solid people in the LAnd of Snakes; it's just a major hassle and a job in and of itself.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:16 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
It's a city of 4 million, metro area about 12 million, IIRC. I'm pretty sure that in all that population vastness, there are at least a few "regular folks" in there.
I lived in Los Angeles for a few years, and I can tell you that while every city has its *******s, Los Angeles has the highest proportion of insufferable, incurable monsters to regular people in the United States.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:36 PM

398 posts, read 382,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I lived in Los Angeles for a few years, and I can tell you that while every city has its *******s, Los Angeles has the highest proportion of insufferable, incurable monsters to regular people in the United States.
This guy simply gets it.

There was drama seemingly everywhere I went and the women out there are, bar none, the flakiest of any city in America. I made a great thread on it here:

Why Los Angeles Is The Worst City For Men

Old 10-24-2017, 01:23 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codederick View Post
This guy simply gets it.

There was drama seemingly everywhere I went and the women out there are, bar none, the flakiest of any city in America. I made a great thread on it here:

Why Los Angeles Is The Worst City For Men
I'm actually a woman. The men are just as bad.

Maybe it really is the weather, but something makes us harder people back east. Everyone there wants to be young forever; I don't.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:47 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:

Maybe it really is the weather, but something makes us harder people back east. Everyone there wants to be young forever; I don't.
It's the entertainment business. People in San Diego are nothing like that.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:55 AM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:

I do! Although now at age 56, I often feel like I'm losing that battle.

I do sometimes wish Midwesterners would take better care with their physical appearance. One can do that without being shallow.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:16 AM

426 posts, read 334,309 times
"John Oliver nails why Amazon’s HQ2 would be bad for Chicago"

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleade...ad-for-chicago

Old 11-12-2017, 01:44 PM

50 posts, read 47,395 times
I love Atlanta, but it's public transportation is a joke, traffic is hell, and the only thing they have going for them is the airport. Boston is the closest contender to Chicago but Chicago will probably winn

Old 11-13-2017, 10:27 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,628,153 times
Chicago will be the selection until about two weeks before the official announcement. Amazon will get cold feet about Illinois' business climate and then select a safer, smaller, Southern city. Chicago will finish fourth.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:43 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Quote:
Man! As much as I began falling in love with L.A. last year, this post is the TRUTH...so many disgustingly uppity wannabes. Every once in a while you meet an actual celebrity and they are the most down-to-earth folks in Los Angeles. Its the "struggling artists" who are nauseating

Oh and hey Chicago is pure awesomeness...but listen - HQ2 is going to Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago