U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 AM

2,041 posts, read 3,430,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherBearkat View Post
I feel bad for making an entire thread about this one small question, but curiosity had gotten the better of me.

Somebody told me that you can't get Dr. Pepper in Chicago, only Mr. Pibb.

Please tell me this is a terrible rumor. (I'm slightly addicted to Dr. Pepper)
SHAME ON YOU! How dare you make a thread for only one question! You're almost worse then Hitler!

(You know, that's what a discussion board is for, too ask questions).
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 AM

5,259 posts, read 11,145,252 times
cobolt: that can brings back memories! They will sell anything on ebay. Sugar free was likely with Saccharine - which eventually got banned. I remember that the yummy sodas were like 10 for a $1.00 or something real cheap back then.

Actually IBC makes a black cherry soda that is pretty good.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:45 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 9,328,643 times
My friend had bottles of Filberts sodas on the table at her wedding reception (of course being that it was a very traditional Polish wedding, they were sitting next to bottles of vodka). As far as Green River is concerned, I haven't drank it since I was a child, but I still see it around all the time (it is too sweet for me, as are most sodas).

Old 03-23-2008, 04:52 PM

8 posts, read 29,434 times
ummm..yea theres dr. pepper, where did u here this, most ridiculaous thing ive heard

Old 03-24-2008, 12:47 PM

5,223 posts, read 7,316,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
cobolt: that can brings back memories! They will sell anything on ebay. Sugar free was likely with Saccharine - which eventually got banned. I remember that the yummy sodas were like 10 for a $1.00 or something real cheap back then.

Actually IBC makes a black cherry soda that is pretty good.
Gardner,

You BET it brings back memories. I remember we'd have this summer block party in my cousins' hood and there would be wash barrels full of Yummy soda...all the flavors: lemon-lime, grape, black-cherry, etc...and every flavor has a different colored can...My aunt also used to buy the heck out of Yummy's. She lived a block from the Jewel, she was the neighborhood babysitter. Sad day when that went away. At least there is still Canfields.

Speaking of saccharine...you remember Tab? That was the adult beverage of choice. Blech!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,153 times
Default vernor's in the burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I see Vernor's in my local Jewel all the time. I see it in the local produce/international grocery store all the time, too.
Can you tell me which Jewel? I'm in Elmhurst and I'm 99.9% my Jewel doesn't carry it. Hubby commutes to the Loop. I am definitely willing to travel to get it. My current stash was purchased at a Meijer's in Michigan so I also got to pay the 10 cent per can deposit. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 AM

6,297 posts, read 8,354,329 times
My local Jewel is on Lincoln just south of Montrose in the city. 4200 or 4300 N Lincoln. I'm sure I've seen it there before. Give em a ring and see if they still carry it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago