Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Chicagoland Airport?
O'Hare International 43 49.43%
Midway International 40 45.98%
Gary International 4 4.60%
Mitchell International 6 6.90%
Rockford International 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times

Advertisements

This may seem silly but I have Chicago friends that hate flying out of O'hare and would rather drive down to Midway or drive up to Milwaukee. With all things considered if you had to choose to only fly out of one airport for you flying which one would it be? I always enjoy flying out of Midway it seems I can get in and out faster but O'hare is closer for me but with all the trains, buses and shuttles it really doesn't matter to me. I never like parking at O'hare but I just dealt with it. Do people in Chicago go to airports to have a drink or shop like they do in other cities? When I was single the best places to pick up a girl was at hotels or the bars at the airports b/c you never know when someone needs a place to stay b/c their flight got delayed. So what if distance or traffic wasn't an issue would you still chose the same airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
I like the O'hare chaos.
And the little walkways where you don't have to walk .

Old 06-04-2009, 01:54 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
I usually fly Spirit because it's cheap and I've had nothing but bad experiences with Southwest so it's usually O'Hare for me.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:58 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Why is Mitchell International on this list?. General Mitchell International Airport is in Milwaukee which contrary to popular belief isn't Chicagoland. Chicagoland and Milwaukee have their own metropolitan areas.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
There's no comparison to sheer size/impact of O'hare (also love the psychedelic moving walkway - that's a trip).... But I have gotten some very cheap flights through Midway...

Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 PM

725 posts, read 1,848,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
There's no comparison to sheer size/impact of O'hare (also love the psychedelic moving walkway - that's a trip).... But I have gotten some very cheap flights through Midway...
Lol, I always think of that Puff Daddy video he filmed down there. My three year-old loves the underground moving walkway.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,867,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Why is Mitchell International on this list?. General Mitchell International Airport is in Milwaukee which contrary to popular belief isn't Chicagoland. Chicagoland and Milwaukee have their own metropolitan areas.
Some people in the north suburbs of Chicago use Mitchell because of the convenience or because they can get a cheaper rate. I think Air Tran and Midwest Airlines are discount airlines that have hubs there.

It can add 30 to 45 minutes extra travel time compared to going to O'hare from the northern suburbs, but you can easily save that time by not getting lost in O'hare if you aren't familar with it and can zip right through to your gate.

I have friends that flew Milwaukee to LAX for last year's Rose Bowl when the prices for ORD to LAX were really expensive.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:48 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
Some people in the north suburbs of Chicago use Mitchell because of the convenience or because they can get a cheaper rate. I think Air Tran and Midwest Airlines are discount airlines that have hubs there.
I would use it for the free warm chocolate chip cookie.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Because for a lot of people in the northern suburbs it's easier to fly out of Mitchell than any of the Chicago airports. Therefore, it serves the Chicago area despite being in Milwaukee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago