Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:45 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,814 times

Advertisements

January and February are the dead months.
March 17th is when things get back poppin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 02:49 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,934,805 times
River North or North Loop are not really "neighborhood" type places. For that go to areas such as Wicker Park or Bucktown, the area around Armitage and Sheffield, Logan Square around the boulevard, Roscoe Village, Southport Corridor, Andersonville, Edgewater, or Lincoln Square. Those are the places I 'd look if I was looking to be in the city.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:37 PM

14 posts, read 11,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
Because I'll be honest... most people your age do not want to live in close walking distance to the Symphony, museums, theaters (unless you are a 70 year old retiree!). Those are the things that many of us travel to by train/car, and live closer to things that we use every day.... cafes/restaurants/bars/clubs/smaller live music venues/smaller shops etc... And although I love the Symphony, museums, theaters.... most people in your age group do not and visit them sparingly.

See, I'm the exact opposite (and I'm not in my 70's). Clark/Lake isn't exactly in Siberia. River North is walking distance away. If you want to go further out and enjoy "vibrancy", does Chicago not have the CTA/busses/Uber/cabs?

My point being, you can still enjoy the "vibrancy" of Chicago party/restaurant/entertainment spots, but at night, near Clark/Lake, you can sleep without drunks howling outside (or worse... inside) your apartment building at 3am?

Old 03-01-2018, 09:58 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,623,865 times
I remember when I first moved to the city out of college. I was maybe 22, and while I *knew* Chicago, I did not know all the neighborhoods and large scope of the city.

In any case, I rented an apartment in E. Lakeview near Addison. One day I went for a drive around the neighborhoods. I was driving around and I think I lost my bearings. I got to Damen (and ~ Addison) and thought I was in the suburbs. What a moron I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago