Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For whom will you vote for Mayor in 2019?
GARRY McCARTHY 18 26.09%
SUSANA MENDOZA 4 5.80%
TONI PRECKWINKLE 5 7.25%
PAUL VALLAS 12 17.39%
AMARA ENYIA 1 1.45%
GERY CHICO 2 2.90%
BILL DALEY 8 11.59%
LORI LIGHTFOOT 9 13.04%
DOROTHY BROWN 0 0%
WILLIE WILSON 3 4.35%
JA’MAL GREEN 1 1.45%
JERRY JOYCE 1 1.45%
LA SHAWN K. FORD 0 0%
BOB FIORETTI 2 2.90%
NEAL SALES-GRIFFIN 1 1.45%
JOHN KOZLAR 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:51 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,289 times

Advertisements

Is this also the official aldermanic election thread? If so, I'll use it.

I decided to check in on my former wards - 45th - John Arena appears to be on the outs. Not saying he's a bad rep of the ward, but he is an *******.

In other news, with half precincts reporting, Ed Burke still has a huge majority of vote. WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 07:38 PM

720 posts, read 1,084,530 times
Union lemmings out in droves for Preckwinkle I see.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:53 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,459,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
Union lemmings out in droves for Preckwinkle I see.
There weren't droves of anything in this election. Don't people care about this stuff? Very disappointing.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:12 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
We have two incompetent and unattractive women advancing to the runoff. Congratulations, Chicago residents!

Old 02-27-2019, 12:41 AM

1,080 posts, read 837,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
We have two incompetent and unattractive women advancing to the runoff. Congratulations, Chicago residents!
We have a run off between two people who aren't Daleys, and Chicago is about to have its first woman mayor and second Black mayor. This is an infinitely better scenario than any I would have predicted for this turd of an election.

Also, why are you saying "we" when your location is listed as Evanston and Lake Forest? This isn't your election.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
For a "fascist" Trump has been a pretty good friend to Israel
What does that have to do with not being a fascist? Fascism isn't the same thing is antisemitism just because they often occurred together in mid-20th Century Europe. Fascism refers to extreme right-wing nationalism and authoritarianism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
you need to learn what "actual fascism" is, not what Antifa and other lunatic fringe lefties have decided that fascism is..
If you think our current president is fascist, you need to take a trip to Venezuela...
I can't tell scare quotes around "actual fascism" and your capitalization of antifa are due to problems with written English, problems with understanding political ideologies, or both. Antifa isn't an organization-- it's an abbreviation for anti-fascism. It refers to the opposition of the lunatic fringe. The U.S. and its allies in WW2 were anti-fascism. It's not radical to oppose fascism, not even when done violently. It's the defense of human rights and humanity itself. It's always okay to punch Nazis.

Also, this is a tangent on top of a tangent, but since you brought it up-- Venezuela failed from corruption of left-wing extremism-- equally problematic as fascism in many ways, but literally the opposite ideology from the right-wing extremism of fascism.

Last edited by SkylarkPhotoBooth; 02-27-2019 at 02:17 AM..

Old 02-27-2019, 01:58 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
What does that have to do with not being a fascist? Fascism isn't the same thing is antisemitism just because they often occurred together in mid-20th Century Europe. Fascism refers to extreme right-wing nationalism and authoritarianism.
If he was a fascist he would have pulled a Maduro and arrested the reporter, or literally shut down the leftist lunatics currently in the House. And nothing he has done or signed in office has been an indicator of extreme right wing nationalism. Left wing folks have problems with immigration too; a big reason why some voted for him throughout the rust belt.

As for this thread, who cares about their race, gender or sexuality? Can they get the job done is the question. Surprised Daley didn't make it. I would have voted for McCarthy if I lived in Chicago.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga412 View Post
I'm plenty informed.
The content of the remainder of your post exhibited otherwise.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:43 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
We have a run off between two people who aren't Daleys, and Chicago is about to have its first woman mayor and second Black mayor. This is an infinitely better scenario than any I would have predicted for this turd of an election.

Also, why are you saying "we" when your location is listed as Evanston and Lake Forest? This isn't your election.
I didn't get a vote, but Bill Daley was obviously the best-equipped to tackle Chicago's challenges. The most important people supported him for good reason.

You raise these three candidates' backgrounds and identity as if they should be important.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I didn't get a vote, but Bill Daley was obviously the best-equipped to tackle Chicago's challenges. The most important people supported him for good reason.

You raise these three candidates' backgrounds and identity as if they should be important.
I raise their identity because it is important. A city that is 1/6th white males didn't need it's 55th white male mayor out of 57, and we (WE, people who actually reside and vote in Chicago, not you) sure as holy effing ****e didn't need another Daley. Are you kidding? Several decades of one family ruling a city and bankrupting it are enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago