Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 04:21 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
pureistheword, I've said it many times ( and so I agree with you), Lincoln Square is very much a favorite of mine, as well! Obviously, people who choose Buena Park love it for their reasons! What's the closest Buena Park has to the Square on Lincoln Avenue, if any? Thank you- Master Jay in Milwaukee
There really is nothing like Lincoln Square, IMHO.

We've applied for a place near the Damen Brown Line stop, not too far from LS. Fingers crossed nobody swoops in and takes it from us. Met the owner this weekend, filled out an application.

My wife is over the moon stoked - if we somehow don't get this place I won't know how she will recover!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM

4,647 posts, read 3,254,543 times
Kmanshouse, you're in on the Lincoln Square camp with me and pureistheword! It sounds like you have a great opportunity, on the Damen place! Easy walking distance to the Square. I'm rooting for you both! If you get it, you let me know and I'll bring a bottle as a congratulations gift! Just let me know, red OR white!!! I hope it all works out! Sincerely, Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 03-25-2019, 08:49 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
There really is nothing like Lincoln Square, IMHO.

We've applied for a place near the Damen Brown Line stop, not too far from LS. Fingers crossed nobody swoops in and takes it from us. Met the owner this weekend, filled out an application.

My wife is over the moon stoked - if we somehow don't get this place I won't know how she will recover!
Good luck! That’s a great area.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:39 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
We got the place. Very pumped. Now we need a nearby studio for our daughter. That has become more difficult. Three places have gotten applications the day before our appointments to see them.

But happy about our place. Roughly midway between the Square and Damen. Perfect.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Kmanshouse, congratulations! I'll buy you guys a glass of wine, or a coffee, at The Book Cellar someday! I think you guys are going to love the Square! Wishing you the best!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-02-2019, 08:15 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
If i had a choice between Buena Park and Lincoln Square, it would be Lincoln Square. Safer, nicer, cleaner, larger apartments, etc. Also nice shops within walking distance.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:04 AM

ChicagoMeO; I must concur. No disrespect to anyone who would take Buena Park over Lincoln Square. They have their reasons to love Buena Park, as well...Every June I organize a group of Milwaukeeans to do a bicycle ride in Chicago. When I mentioned some possible routes, a couple of them indicated they want to keep Lincoln Square on this year's ride!... I agree with you: Lincoln Square has a very safe feel. It seems a lot cleaner than some areas (I was so disappointed on Saturday while walking through Chinatown, unfortuately ;(.....) And Lincoln Square is very family-oriented. As a parent, I've always enjoyed the amount of families with young children that congregate in the Square. Have a great day!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-03-2019, 07:50 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO; I must concur. No disrespect to anyone who would take Buena Park over Lincoln Square. They have their reasons to love Buena Park, as well...Every June I organize a group of Milwaukeeans to do a bicycle ride in Chicago. When I mentioned some possible routes, a couple of them indicated they want to keep Lincoln Square on this year's ride!... I agree with you: Lincoln Square has a very safe feel. It seems a lot cleaner than some areas (I was so disappointed on Saturday while walking through Chinatown, unfortuately ;(.....) And Lincoln Square is very family-oriented. As a parent, I've always enjoyed the amount of families with young children that congregate in the Square. Have a great day!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

I have lived near Buena Park, used to park my car there and take the bus down LSD to work, so i am very familiar with it.. looks kinda depressing, there was a really good restaurant there, Aroma Thai, but now its another restaurant, they had the best Thai food but the apartment buildings look depressing , maybe they are like a concrete canyon or something, everything is kinda old looking or something, i cant quite explain, but..

Go to Lincoln Square and its alive with shopping, people, movie theatre, its just a different feel.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:05 AM

ChicagoMeO, I've come down from Milwaukee to spend a time in the Square on Friday mornings when they had Book Cellar storytime out in the square, or for trick or treat from the stores on Lincoln Avenue. I really miss the Brauhaus. I remember I went in there and some very elderly woman pulled me onto the dance floor with her! I love the German Fests, the Apple Fest, etc. Definitely a neighborhood I'd consider if I ever moved down!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-03-2019, 08:46 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,551,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I have lived near Buena Park, used to park my car there and take the bus down LSD to work, so i am very familiar with it.. looks kinda depressing, there was a really good restaurant there, Aroma Thai, but now its another restaurant, they had the best Thai food but the apartment buildings look depressing , maybe they are like a concrete canyon or something, everything is kinda old looking or something, i cant quite explain, but..

Go to Lincoln Square and its alive with shopping, people, movie theatre, its just a different feel.
There are a lot of vintage condos and apartments in Buena Park and surrounds. Sure, there are large contemporary highrises along Marine Drive, but that is not unique to Buena Park. Most of Buena Park is pre-war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago