Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 09:35 AM

85 posts, read 69,435 times

Advertisements

Hello I wanted a new activity and I purchased an inflatable paddle board. I read the cities rules for paddle boarding but it is not real clear of places you cannot go.

I do not have any friends that paddle board so your help is appreciated. One place i know I will go a lot is montrose harbor in the southern part. Is there any places near montrose harbor that your not allowed to paddle board? I will stay like a 100 feet from the concrete to stay away from boats.

Does anyone know if you can go to the beaches in the northern suburbs and just enter water from a beach? I am wondering because I recall some beaches do not allow floats so I do not know if they would allow stand up paddle board , or SUP.

Has anyone gone SUPing down town on the Chicago river? where can you enter and leave? If i get good at it i was planning on making a trip down the north branch to downtown and back.

Ok well if anyone has any info thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Evanston rents kayaks, sailing boats and stand up paddle boards, so I imagine you can use them in Evanston, but maybe launch only from certain beaches (Dempster Street Beach has a launching place).

https://www.cityofevanston.org/gover...entals-lessons

Wilmette has a sailing beach too. I think that is at Gilson Park.

https://www.wilmettepark.org/sailing-beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago