U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 02:15 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,004,700 times

Advertisements

Good day everyone, remember this weekend is the Festa Pasta Vino, Italian Festa/Fathers' Day Celebration block party, near W. 24th Street and S. Oakley Avenue. I come down with my family from Milwaukee every year. You're bound to have a great time! Go on-line for more information. There's something for everybody there. I highly recommend dining at Ignotz Ristorante, if you can get in!Hope to see you there if you can make it! Take care and drive safely everyone!- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 03:47 PM

617 posts, read 251,287 times
This annual festival is held in the Heart of Chicago neighborhood. This area is a community within Pilsen. It's sometimes mistakenly referred to as Heart of Italy.

Many of the Italians in this area were originally from Northern Italy, especially from Tuscany.

My parents, who were Italian Americans, actually preferred the Italian restaurants located on Oakley Ave. over the restaurants on Taylor St. in the Near West Side. They felt that the Oakley offerings were more authentic and less geared towards tourists.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:47 PM

Nearwest, you got that right, paisan!_ Hope to see you there!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 06-17-2019, 11:06 AM

Good morning, all. Did anyone make it this year? My children and I were able to get in Saturday before the rain hit for at least, the second time, of the day! This is by far one of the least pleasant Junes! I remember swimming off of one of your beaches, on the lakefront, a few years ago!... In any event, Festa Pasta Vino definitley had some good bands, food and VINO! I hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend! Looking forward to bringing my bicycle down to your city soon to do some more exploring! Take care- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: