Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 AM

11 posts, read 43,690 times

Advertisements

Relocating and would like info on this area. Will be working on Michigan Ave. No car. Will be using public transportation. How far will I need to walk to bus stop. Will I need to transfer? Grocery stores..are they in walking distance. Resturants nearby. Safe area??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
There's almost two miles worth of Grace Street in the 60613 ZIP code. Your questions would be easier to address if you could narrow it down a bit, ideally by providing a nearby cross-street -- Grace and what? Halsted? Ashland?

Old 06-20-2007, 10:23 AM

26 posts, read 214,362 times
Yeah, Grace is a pretty long block running east-west. On the low end, Grace is in Boys Town (homosexual community). The bus lines are Halsted, Ashland, Clark, and then you have the Red/Brown/Purple line train on Belmont - that'll take you straight downtown in 20mins or less.

There are lots of shops on Halsted. There is a groccery store as well on the other side of Addison. There is a polic station on Addison and I thinkg Broadway. I say this end is pretty safe.

Further west, Grace runs through Lakeview/Wrigleville (not much rental property, mainly houses). You could take the Ivring Park bus to the Brownline Train. You could take the Sherridan Rd bus to the Redline Train. You could take the Lincoln Bus to the Brownline Train as well.

There is a Jewel groccery store on Sheffield which isn't too far if you like to walk and have a buggy. Sheffield is were you will find most shops. Also Lincoln. Some what pricey area. Again, I'd say it's pretty safe.

Like the other poster said, cross streets would be more helpful.

Public transportation in Chicago is very plentiful, especially on the North Side of the city.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:15 AM

15 posts, read 41,978 times
These people are all really really misinformed, yo. There are PLENTY of rentals in Wrigleyville. The redline runs along SHEFFIELD AVE, mostly, w/stops..DIVERSEY, BELMONT, ADDISON, and SHERIDAN. Now, GRACE ST, is in between the SHERIDAN and ADDISON stops, if you are in the eastern Part of West Grace (there is no East Grace, peoples). HOWEVER, if you are in WEST Lakeview, the BROWN line is your train, mkay? The BROWN stops at ADDISON and IRVING PARK and once again, Grace is in between the two stops. Unless you are at the extreme western (think Western Ave) or eastern (LSD) portions of W.Grace, I dont think using the bus is necessary. Once again, rentals abound in both East and West Lakeview. And remember, ALL the east-west streets are labled WEST so dont expect people to know specifically where you are referring to just by using the label "West." And Grace is NOT close to the BELMONT stop at any point, because it is an east-west street. So, even the "homosexual community" portion of Grace is closer to the Addison and Sheridan Redline stops. Phew, this is exhausting.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
Before people give you a zillion different scenarios, tell us the intersection.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Hit-and-run. OP hasn't been around since July.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:10 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
Ahhh! I really hate it when people dig up old threads for no reason! I need to look at the dates more closely.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:15 AM

40 posts, read 108,922 times
Default sorry to bring this up but

is this a safe area
loc: bittersweet pl. at marine dr. chicago il US - Google Maps

im moving to chicago for summer and need to know.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 AM

75 posts, read 224,591 times
For SolidSnake:

from 1999-2006, i lived at irving and pine grove (just a couple blocks from there). and yes, it was very safe. and you're really close to bus stops, which is nice. let me know if you want any other recommendations for that neighborhood ( restaurants, bars, etc...)

Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
This thread is ancient!!!!!!!!! But I would rather a new poster tack onto an old thread with a similar question than start a new one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago