Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 08:27 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,453,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post
Hehe for WHOM? Like it’s going to matter. Kardashians husband seem very well qualified. Anything is possible. I will be voting for first time in my life via mail. Things have never been worse in this country IMO. My poor mother who voted republican all her life(catholic, voted for Trump based on party) and she is absolutely torn. I said if you are a decent human being how can you vote for him, AGAIN. She said, I know but she’s still thinking about it, shrug...
Well then vote for Biden/Harris, and Chicago will send its thanks Unless of course completely out of control mostly peaceful rioters completely destroy the City first...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2020, 11:55 AM

255 posts, read 133,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Well then vote for Biden/Harris, and Chicago will send its thanks Unless of course completely out of control mostly peaceful rioters completely destroy the City first...
Yeah I plan on it via mail. Then I am going back to the sidelines. I am/was a conservative leaner but GOP has lost me with their constant blatant lying/cover ups. Then, nobody from the Current GOP has any guts to come out and say hey, this isn’t right! Who are these guys? To me this is bigger than taxes/freedom. I don’t know where these guys live but I have all the freedom in the world. They’re not the republicans that I know. Prior to this I thought Hilary was bigger snake but I was blinded sided my leanings. I have no qualms. I want people to be civil no matter the party.

So +1 for Democrats this year. I just hope Kenny Harris Doesn’t get out of line. I am looking for someone like Jacinda Ardern who seems polite and kind and trustworthy. All the democrat ladies are too much in your face for my liking. They need to have some softer edges. Who da hell wants female in your face screamer in the White House.

Old 09-09-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
There have been several cities/counties that have filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy plus dozens of municipalities. Detroit was the biggest but places like Stockton CA, San Bernadino, CA, Harrisburg PA, Jefferson County AL, Orange County CA have all filed. It is not common, but not unheard of either.

Hmmmm interesting. Orange County? They have chock full of money there...I liked Orange county it was nice and clean. At least Newport Beach was. Huntington, not as much.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:54 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,453,345 times
Quote:
I just hope Kenny Harris Doesn’t get out of line. I am looking for someone like Jacinda Ardern who seems polite and kind and trustworthy. All the democrat ladies are too much in your face for my liking. They need to have some softer edges. Who da hell wants female in your face screamer in the White House.
Well, she definitely showed that kind of nicer side yesterday, albeit with some trying to reconcile this with the #metoo movement that a few of us are old enough to remember....

https://thepostmillennial.com/kamala...-betrays-metoo

Old 09-09-2020, 03:38 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,361,557 times
Quote:
Hmmmm interesting. Orange County? They have chock full of money there...I liked Orange county it was nice and clean. At least Newport Beach was. Huntington, not as much.

Yep. Orange County was not in such good shape 25 years ago when they filed Chapter 9.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:09 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,419,126 times
Quote:
Yep California, the Dems take over a state that is the richest in the country (even world), institute the highest taxes in the country, and still cannot balance a budget and live within their means. No mater how much money you give leftists, they will always manage to squander it.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Well, she definitely showed that kind of nicer side yesterday, albeit with some trying to reconcile this with the #metoo movement that a few of us are old enough to remember....

If I was them, I’d just go to every electoral college states and state their case. Only chance Trump has. Although, I don’t know, he may have gotten more popular since. Good luck to them. If they miss this lay up, we deserve 4 more years of Putin’s long lost cousin Trump.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:

To be continued...you know she is a former prosecutor was biting her tongue. I thought telling him she was proud was a “tell” she didn’t really mean it. All she had to say was hey I’m glad you’re alive, we are going to make sure the cop who shot you will go to jail. I’m happy this guy is alive. Did not deserve to get shot at all but from the way I understand it, someone called the cops on him for something. Since he made it through, he might be on here someday complaining about high taxes.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Yep California, the Dems take over a state that is the richest in the country (even world), institute the highest taxes in the country, and still cannot balance a budget and live within their means. No mater how much money you give leftists, they will always manage to squander it.
You have a point. Even the people that live there complain constantly. They’re going to be left with only super high and super low.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
Yep. Orange County was not in such good shape 25 years ago when they filed Chapter 9.
Well hell, let’s do this. Somebody’s gotta make the tough call. To be honest, I thought Rahmbo would be the guy but even he said fogk this and bounced. That’s a guy with all the balls in the world scared to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago