Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 08:33 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,363,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Grlzrl, good morning.

I think you may be right. I believe I had read ELLA FRENCH had a 2-month-old?

It is tragic anytime anyone loses a life at a young age.

Prayers and positivity for her family.

And let's also not forget Ella French's partner who was shot three times (it has been reported once through the eye) and as of a day or two ago was still in critical condition. He will be seriously impaired for the rest of his life if he pulls through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 08:51 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,252,251 times
wjj, thank you very much for this!

YES, prayers and clarity and positivity for ELLA FRENCH's partner, and family, as well.

Keep all this positive energy flowing. It is very much needed.

I am wishing all of you and your families, also, peace, safety, and happiness!!!

Old 08-12-2021, 08:59 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,459,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
I don't really follow Lightfoot, what has she done specifically that has been anti cop and has put Chicago on a death watch?
She endorsed Kim Foxx. Though has she had (rightfully) condemned Foxx, she fell into line and endorsed Foxx over a candidate who would have been much more effective for political reasons. Can't have a Republican in office here, god forbid. She ended foot chases in response to the mob after the Toledo shooting. Those two things alone have greatly emboldened criminals and reduced respect for law enforcement throughout the City. The criminals have gotten the message that the politicians are finally on their side. The cops of course have gotten the converse message, which is why they are now hesitating, quitting, or just trying to survive their shift without too much interaction.

We could also point to poor planning during the riots last summer, for which there should be a commission appointed to study at the Federal level. We now have precedent for this so use let's use it. She then condemned the police for their handling of said riots, even though the officers were not given the tools or leadership to be effective during the riots. She treated the CTU visibly more favorably than the police union during contract negotiations. And in general, she has not defended her police force like other mayors historically did, though that hasn't stopped her from diverting officers off the streets to guard her home.

I'm sure others can name some other things too but that's what comes to mind immediately.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:03 AM

BRU67, hold on! hold on!! hold on!!! HOLD ON!!!

Did you just say: "riot"????

You meant: "protest" didn't you????

Old 08-12-2021, 09:27 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Ella French. RIP.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:35 AM

doc1. THANK YOU!!!!

May her spirit live on through all the good things WE do!!

Thank you, doc1, for taking a moment to share!

Old 08-12-2021, 09:52 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
The men and women like Ella French who serve our communities with courage and integrity have my gratitude and respect. When we moved into our new city I sent Thank You cards to the two local police stations. I wanted them to know that there are many of us who know the sacrifices they and their families make every day. I received a handwritten Thank You for my Thank You card from the police department. I display it proudly.

I don't live in Chicago or even in Illinois. I stumbled upon this thread when I checked out New Posts but of course I already knew about Ella French. It doesn't matter which town, city or state someone lives in, a Thank You to those who risk their lives for strangers everyday is the least I could do.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:55 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,459,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BRU67, hold on! hold on!! hold on!!! HOLD ON!!!

Did you just say: "riot"????

You meant: "protest" didn't you????
No, it was a riot. Government property was destroyed (police cars for example). So they could use the January 6 insurrection precedent to form a Congressional commission to investigate this and find out what leadership knew and when they knew it. Not just here but in other cities as well where there was even more direct damage to government property. In Portland, a Federal courthouse was heavily damaged, and in Seattle and Minneapolis, police stations were burned down. This might help restore trust between leadership and the rank and file officers.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:57 AM

rfomd129, WOW! Thank you!

Welcome to the Chicago/Illinois forum, first of all.

I am not a resident, neither, However, I am from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which is quite close, so I spend a majority of my free time there.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! You have a beautiful attitude, and we can all benefit form hearing such positive stories like that.

And I agree, we should all appreciate law enforcement goes through on a daily basis. And your act of writing a letter to your Police Department is an awesome and beautiful act on your part. I truly believe they were grateful!

We appreciate having people like you out there. Keep it going!!!

Old 08-12-2021, 10:05 AM

BRU67, um EXCUSE ME but I am allowed ONE time too act like a jag, on here, since I normally try to be very positive!

It was very tongue-in-cheek, but I didn't want to give that fact away in that post, because I wanted to have a little devilish fun! ...at YOUR expense!!

So I hope you can forgive your brother!

Seriously, there WERE planned protests that unfortunately attracted other people who would use that opportunity to take advantage of chaos, and cause destruction and/or steal, etc.

I would be appalled if anyone denied that fact.

I had reached out to my contacts in the 24th and Oakley neighborhood, the Lincoln Square neighborhood, and the Edison Park neighborhood. And I told them if they had any fear of their homes and establishments being targeted, all they had to do was call me and I would have made the drive down to help them defend it.

I would have fought the "good fight" just as much as those who were part of the protests/riots did to "fight their good fight"!

And May The Better Man Win, is my philosophy!... If I lose my life in the struggle for righteousness, well, then I go out of this world with honor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago