Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2022, 05:29 PM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times

Advertisements

The "Summer of Joy" is in full swing...

Large crowds injure 3 cops, damage CPD squad cars on northwest and southwest sides overnight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 07:13 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Bitey, I just read about this in Portage Park.

I'm in Chicago. I'm going to see if I can offer them a box of donuts, or something!

Old 07-04-2022, 12:16 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Omg Evanston, Skokie parades cancelled due to shooting in Highland Park.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/...parade-gunfire

Police from Highland Park and several other jurisdictions, including the Illinois State Police, some armed with rifles, were patrolling the area, looking for whoever fired the shots. The FBI also sent agents to the shooting scene, a source said.

Adrienne Drell, a former Sun-Times reporter, said she was sitting on a curb along Central Avenue watching the parade when she saw members of the Highland Park High School marching band start to run.

“Go to Sunset,” Drell said she heard the students shout, directing people to nearby Sunset Foods.

A man picked her up off the curb and urged her to get out, Drell said.

“There’s panic in the whole town,” she said. “Everyone is just stunned beyond belief.”

She ran across to a nearby parking lot with other people who had been watching the parade.

“It was a quiet, peaceful, lovely morning, people were enjoying the parade,” Drell said. “Within seconds, to have that peacefulness suddenly ripped apart, it’s scary. You can’t go anywhere, you can’t find peace. I think we are falling apart.”

Old 07-04-2022, 12:27 PM

nana053, Oh my God! I'm at a cafe in Antioch, and I saw it in the news.

God bless all the victims.

We can NOT lose this war on terrorist acts! The fact that we have to cancel parades out of fear, to me, suggests the criminals are winning

Old 07-04-2022, 12:38 PM

94 posts, read 104,334 times
OMG that is so sad. Nobody thinks it will happen to them until it does.

Old 07-04-2022, 04:06 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
nana053, Oh my God! I'm at a cafe in Antioch, and I saw it in the news.

God bless all the victims.

We can NOT lose this war on terrorist acts! The fact that we have to cancel parades out of fear, to me, suggests the criminals are winning
They have a suspect, but he is not in custody.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/04/bobby-...rade-shooting/

A person of interest has been identified in Monday’s deadly mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade outside Chicago, authorities said.

Officials said he was 22-year-old Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III and is believed to be driving a 2010 silver Honda Fit.

The gunman opened fire with a “high-powered rifle” while standing on a roof just minutes after the parade began in the tony suburb of Highland Park, where six people were left dead and 24 others injured.

The killer “was very military-style, methodical in the way he was crouched and shooting,” an attendee told WGN TV.

Investigators found a rifle at the scene that is believed to have been used in the massacre.

Jeff Leon, 57, told CNN the shots sounded like firecrackers and that he initially assumed the noise was part of the parade.

“The police started reacting, and I saw some people falling,” he said.

Chaotic footage showed frantic parade-goers — some of them bloodied — running for their lives as the gunfire exploded.

Leon said people began ducking behind cars to stay out of the line of fire.

Another witness told CNN that she hid in the basement of a sporting-goods store and saw several injured victims scurrying around the scene in a bloodied daze.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:41 PM

nama053, thank you.

He's in custody. I pray he's the correct man.

People need the closest thing to closure that they can!

Old 07-04-2022, 07:23 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,429 times
I moved to Highland Park in 67 from Jeffrey Manor on the South Side, an area that a few short years later turned into the gang and drug infected place it is today. Highland Park was a far cry from the city life and trappings. Guess it wasn't far enough. I left there in 78 and moved out west, thankfully. I feel very sorry indeed for those that remain in Illinois in general. I know many of you like to continually paint a rosy picture of the Chicagoland area. I can only hope for your sake you don't become one of the increasing number of "statistics". I suppose I can be slammed for the attitude of "the way it used to be" being prevalent in my commentaries. But the sad thing is it was indeed once many years ago, a rather nice if not wonderful place to be. The way I look at it these days is you're living on borrowed time remaining there more so than life in and of itself would dole out.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:49 PM

94 posts, read 104,334 times
These mass shootings have been happening all over America even in nice middle and upper class places like Highland park still is despite being part of Chicagoland area...it could have been anywhere.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:06 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times
What a sad day. Sad times we live in today. If the covid doesn't get you, the criminals will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago