Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 02:56 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,310,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Electric cars don't need manual transmissions. Manual gearboxes are considered an anachronism because there are no gears to change. These car brands already have announced their intention to manufacture electric cars exclusively in a few years.
Yeah, I already was aware electric cars are like that. More just saying if you had a traditional gas powered car, that it'd be less likely to face a carjacking attempt if it was a manual transmission car.

And anyway,I'd be sure to park such a fancy sports car(were someone to own one, in an area carjackers often Target) in a garage, and not park it on the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 06:53 PM

9,883 posts, read 5,552,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Went with the CX-5.
We finally scooped one up ourselves -- a 2019 with 22K miles and literally every option available. Original MSRP 38.5K, got it for 31.5K which is about 4 grand less than the typical asking price for similar mileage and kit. I even had a 3rd-party inspection done to make sure there wasn't a catch -- no issues, we just lucked out and found a dealer that just couldn't move this particular unit off their lot for some reason.

I gotta say, it's pretty lively for a CUV.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:50 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,806,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
We finally scooped one up ourselves -- a 2019 with 22K miles and literally every option available. Original MSRP 38.5K, got it for 31.5K which is about 4 grand less than the typical asking price for similar mileage and kit. I even had a 3rd-party inspection done to make sure there wasn't a catch -- no issues, we just lucked out and found a dealer that just couldn't move this particular unit off their lot for some reason.

I gotta say, it's pretty lively for a CUV.
Nice. Does it have turbo?

Mine has that Rover package - which looks awesome. Cherry red car but with a black roof, black rims, heavy tint on the windows and black exterior labeling. Sunroof and heated seats. But leatherette instead of leather. No turbo.

But otherwise your specs are almost identical. Ours was 2019, 28K miles, also right around 31K. My old trade in pretty much just paid for the tax.

Old 05-17-2022, 11:46 AM

9,883 posts, read 5,552,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Nice. Does it have turbo?
It does. And it's deceptively quick because I'm not used to sitting that high up and the sensation of speed decreases the higher from the ground you are.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:56 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,754,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson2022 View Post
Chicago carjackers from what I hear hit the nice cars. In my beloved hometown of New Orleans they’re jacking $2000 mopeds…unreal

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...60573a9cb.html
Yikes.

If you ever want to feel less bad about the crime situation in Chicago, just read the news from Atlanta, Houston and New Orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago