Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 08:12 PM

947 posts, read 2,422,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Nope. It really looked like he just gave up. Urlacher really stepped up, though, and the defense picked up the slack.

Congratulations Chicago Bears on making it to the NFC Championship game. With the Lions looking better, the NFC North could easily be the best division in footbal for years to come.

GO PACKERS!
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,705 times
Well on a positive note nobody had expectations that we would make this this far. We can all say that Cutler gave up, but this was the guy that got sacked 10 times in New York and kept coming back. When he runs the ball he will take the hit if he's close to a first down. Defense stepped up when they needed to as always.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,133,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Well on a positive note nobody had expectations that we would make this this far. We can all say that Cutler gave up, but this was the guy that got sacked 10 times in New York and kept coming back. When he runs the ball he will take the hit if he's close to a first down. Defense stepped up when they needed to as always.
I think the time for the defense to step up would have been before the Packers put 14 points on the board.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Well, that sucked a little. Hats off to the defense for living up to their well-earned reputation to the very end. They were truly one of the elite this season.

Hats off to Caleb Hanie. He did as well as anyone could have possibly asked of him under the circumstances. Yeah, he stank a bit, but he also had flashes of greatness in a desperately hopeless situation.

Finally... who's a fellow like me to root for now? I'm a Bears fan, a Packers fan, and a Steelers fan in that order. Plus, I tend to root for the NFC team over the AFC team. Even so, I can hardly bring myself to root for the team that beat my Bears, yet I can't stand that sh*tstick Rothlisburger and I would love to see HIM lose even if I don't want the rest of the Steelers to lose. And I don't want the Packers to lose either.

I take that back . . . I want them both to lose. Uhm.... like, go Jets?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:05 PM

165 posts, read 372,031 times
I don't even think Rex Grossman took as much flak as Cutler took on twitter tonight. They were burning his jersey in the parking lot. Literally.

Personally I don't doubt that he was hurt. He took a hell of a beating this year and always came back for more. But what a lot of people didn't like was the fact that he has this terrible knee injury, and he spent the whole second half walking around on the sideline.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,433,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I think the time for the defense to step up would have been before the Packers put 14 points on the board.
The defense held the Packers scoreless the entire second half.

In the NFL, if your defense gives up only 14 points, you should be able to win. This loss goes solely on the offense, which was completely ineffective. A no-huddle should have been implemented way before the 4th quarter, to try to shake things up, and also to keep the pressure off of Cutler.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:01 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,433,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis99 View Post
Personally I don't doubt that he was hurt. He took a hell of a beating this year and always came back for more. But what a lot of people didn't like was the fact that he has this terrible knee injury, and he spent the whole second half walking around on the sideline.
All the replay cameras that the networks have, and yet we couldn't find a single play that appeared to cause this significant knee injury. Grossman had his own issues, but no one ever questioned his heart. As for Cutler, I don't know how an NFL QB comes back after effectively being labeled a coward.

Some guys just can't handle the bright lights of being an NFL football player, especially a QB. Not everyone that is a good football player is also a good performer, in front of millions of people, with millions of dollars at stake. Perhaps Cutler == Ryan Leaf...

Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,910,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well, that sucked a little. Hats off to the defense for living up to their well-earned reputation to the very end. They were truly one of the elite this season.

Hats off to Caleb Hanie. He did as well as anyone could have possibly asked of him under the circumstances. Yeah, he stank a bit, but he also had flashes of greatness in a desperately hopeless situation.

Finally... who's a fellow like me to root for now? I'm a Bears fan, a Packers fan, and a Steelers fan in that order. Plus, I tend to root for the NFC team over the AFC team. Even so, I can hardly bring myself to root for the team that beat my Bears, yet I can't stand that sh*tstick Rothlisburger and I would love to see HIM lose even if I don't want the rest of the Steelers to lose. And I don't want the Packers to lose either.

I take that back . . . I want them both to lose. Uhm.... like, go Jets?
Very happy for a Pack win, but certainly will acknowledge a fine Bear defense, and a good RB in Forte; Bears may need another wide receiver, though..

There are some bitter Pats fans around here; many thought that they could have beaten either of last night's AFC contestants, and they would have been right ( they have just wiped out Pitt in recent years). Jets actually could have won this game, even with a 24-point deficit, but the hole was a little steep, and they had some atrocious play-calling at the goal line late in the 4th quarter..

And while the Steelers are a good team, I simply loathe Roethlisberger, and they have had a habit of avoiding the "good" teams in winning their titles. Things just have a way of "falling into place" for them in the most convenient ways; hopefully the Pack will make things uncomfortable for them..

Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,133,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
The defense held the Packers scoreless the entire second half.

In the NFL, if your defense gives up only 14 points, you should be able to win. This loss goes solely on the offense, which was completely ineffective. A no-huddle should have been implemented way before the 4th quarter, to try to shake things up, and also to keep the pressure off of Cutler.
I won't argue their efficiency in the second half,they were near flawless, but I will say, if you spot a team as good as the Packers 2 touchdowns before you start playing, you are not going to win 90% of the time. Especially in post-season play.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,705 times
Well looks like Cutler tore is MCL, I would love to see the faces on all the morons that burned his jersey when the beer and anger wore off. I would like to know when he tore it, if it was in the beginning of the game or even before it started?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago