U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM

35,926 posts, read 55,158,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I won't argue their efficiency in the second half,they were near flawless, but I will say, if you spot a team as good as the Packers 2 touchdowns before you start playing, you are not going to win 90% of the time. Especially in post-season play.
The other 10% would be instances where, say, you don't allow them to score for the entire rest of the game. Unless your QB is hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 PM

1,889 posts, read 1,637,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Well looks like Cutler tore is MCL, I would love to see the faces on all the morons that burned his jersey when the beer and anger wore off. I would like to know when he tore it, if it was in the beginning of the game or even before it started?
I heard it was only a sprained MCL, and not all that severe an injury... HOWEVER, I think anyone who is coming down on Cutler for sitting is a moron. Why do people think that they are more qualified to make a decision like this from the comfort of their sofa, and why do they think they know more than the Bears medical staff who, I'm pretty sure went to medical school AND are on the sidelines with the players?

Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,711,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
I heard it was only a sprained MCL, and not all that severe an injury... HOWEVER, I think anyone who is coming down on Cutler for sitting is a moron. Why do people think that they are more qualified to make a decision like this from the comfort of their sofa, and why do they think they know more than the Bears medical staff who, I'm pretty sure went to medical school AND are on the sidelines with the players?
well bottom line is that something affected his play, he wasnt just being a poor sport. I was reading some headlines that he was told that players were giving him sh*t for letting his team down and he started to tear up. At least we get some emotion.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,031,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The other 10% would be instances where, say, you don't allow them to score for the entire rest of the game. Unless your QB is hurt.
I'm no coach, but I'm pretty sure the best way to win a game is to play all of it, not just half of it. If the D came out hard, and, say stopped the Packers from scoring on their very first drive, we may well have seen a different result.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I'm no coach, but I'm pretty sure the best way to win a game is to play all of it, not just half of it. If the D came out hard, and, say stopped the Packers from scoring on their very first drive, we may well have seen a different result.
The bottom line is that the defense did their job and the offense didn't.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The bottom line is that the defense did their job and the offense didn't.
^what he said. We had what 2 take aways? Held Rodgers to a 55 passer rating. I also blame some bad play calling by the coaches, (passing on a 55 yard field goal, wtf), and some bad officiating.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
The anger and outrage out there is just unreal. I don't understand how anyone who watched Cutler get pasted all season and still managed to lead them to the NFC Championship game would then choose that very game to "give up" on the team. He's half the reason why they got there in the first place. I liked Orton, but if we still had him as QB with this O-line leaving him for dead, the Bears would have been the .500-or-less team everyone was expecting them to be this season.

All I've heard all day is "fire Lovie" even though he's the winningest coach we've had since Ditka, and "ditch Cutler" despite the fact that he's the best QB we've had since McMahon. Imbeciles. Today I'm embarrassed to be a Chicago sports fan.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 AM

5,195 posts, read 4,221,195 times
I'd fire Lovie simply for being stupid enough to elect to kick after winning the coin flip. Dumbest decision EVER. If you think about it, we did hold their offense scoreless after those two early drives. Unfortunately the O Line we thought we had at the beginning of the season showed up, not the one that pleasantly surprised us come mid-season.

Cutler, I have zero problem with - don't cripple your franchise QB that you bet the farm on, you know? That guy has beaten silly all bloody year and not even blinked or whined once about his terrible O line protection.

back to Lovie - hey, dummy - since you didn't take the last game of the season seriously anyway, maybe that was the time to let Caleb get some snaps in. Dump Collins and make him #2, and for god's sake get him some playing time for when the inevitable happens - quarterbacks get injured.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
back to Lovie - hey, dummy - since you didn't take the last game of the season seriously anyway, maybe that was the time to let Caleb get some snaps in. Dump Collins and make him #2, and for god's sake get him some playing time for when the inevitable happens - quarterbacks get injured.
Not to mention passing on a 48 yard field goal

Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM

3,687 posts, read 1,163,911 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago