Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 01:50 PM

187 posts, read 185,253 times

Advertisements

There have been 2 recent murders of woman in Little Village, plus the bodies of men pulled from Lake Michigan. Is a serial killer possible for these horrific crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 05:20 PM

1,067 posts, read 915,231 times
Certainly possible. One of the best shows on Netflix was Mindhunter about the development of the FBI's serial crime unit. Ed Kemper claims that there are dozens of people like him going unnoticed and the police only caught him cause he turned himself in. Series is only two seasons cause Covid canceled season 3 and then the era of free money ended so Netflix axed more expensive series. I hope another group picks it up.

Also reminds me I need to pick up Devil in the White City again and try to finish it. I found it too slow the first time to finish. I wonder with Leo and Scorsese will come out with the miniseries...looks like Keanu Reeves will star in it if it's still even happening.

Old 03-19-2023, 05:41 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
I hate to break it to you but there are probably a number or more serial killers in the Chicago metro (at least). Fortunately, most of those are just killing rival gang members but well, there will be a few others.

Remember, you only know about the ones you find out about and Gacy (For example) was active for a long time as was the Green River killer etc. and those are the ones that were caught.

The increase in public cameras and all around digital footprint have likely made that harder but just like in prison etc. blind spots are found.

Old 03-19-2023, 05:46 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Certainly possible. One of the best shows on Netflix was Mindhunter about the development of the FBI's serial crime unit. Ed Kemper claims that there are dozens of people like him going unnoticed and the police only caught him cause he turned himself in. Series is only two seasons cause Covid canceled season 3 and then the era of free money ended so Netflix axed more expensive series. I hope another group picks it up.

Also reminds me I need to pick up Devil in the White City again and try to finish it. I found it too slow the first time to finish. I wonder with Leo and Scorsese will come out with the miniseries...looks like Keanu Reeves will star in it if it's still even happening.
Great point. I think that technology with both cameras everywhere and ESPECIALLY DNA makes Ed Kempers valid points, less valid today. Heck, they caught the Green River Killer with DNA and even going a step further even if you have no criminal record with DNA on file they can now catch you by checking any relatives that did the DNA geneology thing.

So, in my case, my mother for sure if not cousins, aunts and uncles where surely some have done DNA ancestry....if I were to leave the tiniest speck of DNA behind...yep...they'd zero in on me. Something impossible back in the day.

DNA evidence is literally the biggest invention in crime solving since finger prints and has clearly surpassed it.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:21 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I hate to break it to you but there are probably a number or more serial killers in the Chicago metro (at least). Fortunately, most of those are just killing rival gang members but well, there will be a few others.

Remember, you only know about the ones you find out about and Gacy (For example) was active for a long time as was the Green River killer etc. and those are the ones that were caught.

The increase in public cameras and all around digital footprint have likely made that harder but just like in prison etc. blind spots are found.
This. Gang members are serial killers. What is Kim Foxx doing about it?

Old 03-19-2023, 09:39 PM

253 posts, read 197,993 times
I've heard the theory of this serial killer being the reason many young males have been found in the lake the past couple years.

Old 03-20-2023, 10:12 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,133,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post

Unfortunately the series is not moving forward at this time. Keanu left the project back in October and Hulu pulled the plug on it earlier this month. https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/dev...lu-1235544498/

Old 03-20-2023, 02:54 PM

253 posts, read 197,993 times
Another young male pulled from Chicago waters.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/bo...-chicago-river

Old 03-21-2023, 12:28 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,848,685 times
So.....I've been very hesitant to say this. But.

The fact these are all 20-something year old men, and
The fact this seems to be done late at night, after bars/parties, and
The fact that this is adjacent to Boys Town.....

makes me think a certain way.

Old 03-21-2023, 12:43 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
Kmanshouse, WHY were you hesitant?

Your detective skills may be onto something valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago