Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_candy View Post
thank you - what about fullerton or north of it?
The schools generally suck there as well.

I hate to say it, but generally speaking with many public schools, the less amount of whites in the school (or the higher amount of ESL students),the more crappy it is. Of course there are a few exceptions to this.

Search the forum for more info on the Chicago public schools.

Also, if your daughter does not speak Spanish really well, in many schools her education is going to suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 05:05 AM

7 posts, read 20,124 times
We moved from the very area that you're considering because of the drive-by shooting and gang activities!

Old 11-28-2009, 08:57 PM

938 posts, read 4,092,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Also, if your daughter does not speak Spanish really well, in many schools her education is going to suffer.
Yikes. Has it really gotten that bad nowadays? BTW, coming from LA, I'm a bit curious as to what % you estimate Chicago's Latino population to be nowadays?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 PM

3 posts, read 3,387 times
Default Hombodlt Park / Wicker Park Area

I have read many things about this area since being shown a beautiful apartment there to rent. Me and three friends (two being from detroit 1 from boston) are thinking of renting on the 1300 block of artesian street. The realtor maintains that its a safe area and being from detroit I have seen much worse. My concern is more for our friend from boston a girl at night. I plan on driving through there at night before i sign and probably getting out and just walking around. What makes this area.. East of the park safer then west of the park or closer to the park on the east side.

I know that this area is relatively close to "6 corners" Damen/Milkwa/North which seems to be a fun night spot. Even North ave around western isn't bad by my standards. I guess my real question is Why is there such a stigma around this area and how much substance does it hold now as opposed to being a once " rough " neighborhood. Any advice or comments would be helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trez13 View Post
...Me and three friends (two being from detroit 1 from boston) are thinking of renting on the 1300 block of artesian street...I know that this area is relatively close to "6 corners" Damen/Milkwa/North...
Not really. That address is about a mile away from that intersection.

There are already like 15 threads on Humboldt Park. (Including one that is getting a lot of discussion from a day or two ago) Why you felt the need to start another one is beyond me.

Logan Square/Humboldt neighborhood safety questions

If you need affirmation from strangers about an area that you claim seems ok then perhaps you must have doubts yourself and should not move around there.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM

I was just trying to get a perspective since its closer to the "edge" of that area as opposed to the center of it. I read almost that whole thread and it just turned into two people discussing the properties that the purchase and how.

As for the 1 mile .. thats really not far in term of walking , riding , or cabbing. I live much farther away from that area now and still walk it with no problems.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trez13 View Post
I was just trying to get a perspective since its closer to the "edge" of that area as opposed to the center of it...
Here you go:

Area of Humboldt Park bordering Ukrainian Village

Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 PM

Thank you for the info.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,868,329 times
1300 artesian isn't that bad. North of division in that area you just have more gangbangers and drugs. Period.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,389 times
Hi everyone
I am looking for per person how is traveling from Lvov-Chicago on 11 August 2010.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago