U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:58 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,440,301 times

Advertisements

It's humid as hell and rainy right now in Sao Paulo. Gray and rainy. In the seventies, though. But it's been raining forever, it seems.

I don't think it's really changed a whole lot, not for me. I'm truly not an outdoors person; civilization ends where the skyscrapers end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 AM

36,415 posts, read 57,334,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Wow you have been quiet for a few weeks.
Finals. Particularly brutal this semester since I took 6 classes.

Oh, plus a one-week ban just before that for calling someone a race-baiting twit.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:47 AM

838 posts, read 2,036,292 times
right on! but you do know suburbs like schaumburg have skyscrapers. So thats civilization to ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
It's humid as hell and rainy right now in Sao Paulo. Gray and rainy. In the seventies, though. But it's been raining forever, it seems.

I don't think it's really changed a whole lot, not for me. I'm truly not an outdoors person; civilization ends where the skyscrapers end.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:36 AM

7,042 posts, read 8,847,805 times
Well, this morning in Charlotte, it is 25 degrees. It will be a high of 40 today with brisk nw winds. Same tomorrow. Wed. will be 60 and showers.

Winter in Charlotte.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 AM

3,089 posts, read 3,011,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Why is it always these people from 1,000 miles away getting all worked up about Chicago being cold and windy and blah blah. Why do they care? They're in Atlanta or Florida or California where it seems to be nice this time of year as they yell about cold weather up north.

People that live here roll their eyes and complain, but no one seems to be very upset. They'd probably just move if they really cared that much.

Sure today was cold, but I just sat around drinking and playing video games with 3 of my friends down on the south side. We could have cared less if it was 80 out or -20. We're outside every single day during May-October, so I'm more than happy to curl up on the couch and spend some time with my friends indoors at people's houses, at bars, etc. during winter.
Great question. Here's my story. Born and raised in Chicago, and I really love the place. I work outdoors, (was working in the horse industry when i was younger, now doing hands on horticulture, full time). I have been frostbitten to the point that I now have to be careful, even on Phoenix winter morning days, as the frostbitten hand was so damaged that when exposed to near freezing temps, my entire left arm, from fingers to shoulder, hurts so bad that I cannot use it!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:16 AM

21,168 posts, read 19,065,647 times
A friend of mine who moved from Canada to California gave me a coat of hers, saying she'd never wear it again. It's shearling leather and hangs to my mid-calf. I have never been cold in that coat. (I've had it for several years, starting when I moved to Colorado--the reason she gave it to me). My face, hands, and feet might get cold, but I am always perfectly warm and comfortable inside that coat. I went grocery shopping yesterday in that wind (involuntarily blurting out some very bad words, because GOOD GRIEF), and my face felt frozen, but my body was very comfy.

I am not a big fan of leather and fur, but that coat is the shiznit.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 AM

0 posts, read 309,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontcallmeshirley View Post
Try a HOUSTON summer. Our seasons are SPRING, SUMMER, SUMMER, SUMMER.

Then every 5 years it will snow after it was just 80 degrees the day before. It will snow for a couple hours, schools close for the next day, cars are crashing everywhere and then temps are already back up to 70 degrees the VERY NEXT DAY and the snow has already melted. So bizarre.

It totally blows! I look forward to my move to Chi-town in Jan. YES, Jan. I got a better deal.
LOL! That's so hilarious because it's so true.

I was just in Houston a few weeks ago, and it was SNOWING and then two or so days later it was 80 degrees.

One of the most bizarre things I've experienced.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:40 AM

2,242 posts, read 4,098,283 times
Looks like it's over.

Above normal temps in the upcoming weeks.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 AM

15,589 posts, read 13,091,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Looks like it's over.

Above normal temps in the upcoming weeks.
Yeah. This was nothing though.

I think it will return in about two weeks.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:38 AM

2,242 posts, read 4,098,283 times
Hopefully.
We don't want winter to end too early now do we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago