Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
You honestly think gays are confined to this small area? 60640 and 60660 are often quoted as two of the "gayest" zip codes in American, and both are pretty far north of Halsted.
NOOOOOOOOOOO that is just the area they seem to be most open about it. Hell Orland Square Mall is LOADED, I mean FILLED TO THE BRIM with closet cases. Its actually starting to get really funny because its just like, I wish they would just come clean about it already because Orland Park would have something new to turn into. A gay shopping mall LOL! Hell we just got our Armani Exchange (all we need now is a D&G), then of course theres the favorite among the closet cases; Abercrombie and Fitch and for south sider homos; Hollister. Then lets not leave out Forever 21 which seems to have every "out" man in Orland Park working for it. And of course our H&M is like Gaytopia for gay men to go into. Then everytime I go into The Buckle where the little Puma balarina looking shoes are sold (A favorite among gay men in boistown) I am always getting checked out and even hit on by other gay men. Really its getting really comical around Orland. My gay friends come down to Orland to do things like... What else??? SHOP, oh and eat (all there is really to do in the town), oh and watch movies at Marcus, but they are always like, "Oh I see all the bois are out tonight" (Meaning the closet cases are everywhere) (My gay friends have amazing gaydar) Couple weeks ago my gay friend Danny got our waiter's phone number on our bill at Chilis. I thought the waiter was straight till that. LMFAO! (That was in Homer Glen though to be fair)

Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM

258 posts, read 1,020,804 times
I have a few gay friends and never even gave it second thought.

I don't judge people on who they bang, it's how they act.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
no i don't hang out on the northside at all. the farthest north that i go is the river, maybe to trump tower but that's it. i am a south sider for life! and i knew my comment would be scrutinized, but the OP wanted honest answers...so i obliged.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO that is just the area they seem to be most open about it. Hell Orland Square Mall is LOADED, I mean FILLED TO THE BRIM with closet cases. Its actually starting to get really funny because its just like, I wish they would just come clean about it already because Orland Park would have something new to turn into. A gay shopping mall LOL! Hell we just got our Armani Exchange (all we need now is a D&G), then of course theres the favorite among the closet cases; Abercrombie and Fitch and for south sider homos; Hollister. Then lets not leave out Forever 21 which seems to have every "out" man in Orland Park working for it. And of course our H&M is like Gaytopia for gay men to go into. Then everytime I go into The Buckle where the little Puma balarina shoes are sold (A favorite among gay men in boistown) I am always getting checked out and even hit on by other gay men. Really its getting really comical around Orland. My gay friends come down to Orland to do things like... What else??? SHOP, oh and eat (all there is really to do in the town), oh and watch movies at Marcus, but they are always like, "Oh I see all the bois are out tonight" (Meaning the closet cases are everywhere) (My gay friends have amazing gaydar) Couple weeks ago my gay friend Danny got our waiter's phone number on our bill at Chilis LMFAO! (That was in Homer Glen though to be fair)
I think you misunderstand. I'm not trying to speak for Lookout Kid, but I think he's talking more about areas that are filled with out, gay people, but not clubby or Boystown-y at all. There are vast numbers of gay people that, believe it or not, don't own hair gel or wax their chests.

The two don't always go hand-in-hand.

My old boss was gay and out. He and his partner had been together for 30 years and they lived with and took care of his Father (who was eaten up with Alzheimer's). They didn't go to raves or take E. They were in their late 50s or early 60s for cryin out loud.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I think you misunderstand. I'm not trying to speak for Lookout Kid, but I think he's talking more about areas that are filled with out, gay people, but not clubby or Boystown-y at all. There are vast numbers of gay people that, believe it or not, don't own hair gel or wax their chests.

The two don't always go hand-in-hand.

My old boss was gay and out. He and his partner had been together for 30 years and they lived with and took care of his Father (who was eaten up with Alzheimer's). They didn't go to raves or take E. They were in their late 50s or early 60s for cryin out loud.
Uhhh huh... And? I was mearly pointing out the young closet cases around Orland and more or less poking fun at the whole situation as Orland trys so hard to maintain this more or less conservative white "Wonder" bread lifestyle and the kids are just dying to beat that closet door down is what I find so funny. The parents are striving to be sure Billy (oh I'm sorry we are speaking of someone who will later leave Orland for the city and become "William") lol anyways, make sure Billy (future William) is raised to be a straight male to have the 2.5 kids and have the SUV parked in his driveway someday. Nevermind the fact he is currently on Manhunt and whoring himself out behind the scenes to every other closet case around Orland Park while he maintains his current relationship with his cover-up girl friend to throw everyone including his parents off his track, who he will stay with (G/F) until he leaves home for Columbia or De Paul where then its time to leave the "Straight" life behind him. Then its time to bring on the bois. LMFAO! (ahh life in Orland, tis hillarious) ( I have seen this time and time again, so yes I do know this from experience)

This is why my gay friends who are out and yes live in boistown find it absolutley hillarious coming out to Orland, because of all this. I never was talking about gays waxing chests and having to look georgous though they do tend to have a tendency to do that. I'll be the first to admit that many of my gay friends look amazing and yes two of them were models. (one for Abercrombie, the other for Prada)

Last edited by NYrules; 09-24-2008 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM

78 posts, read 232,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Maybe next time I work in Chicago I should be bold and assertive about crossdressing, and that it's harmless.
Here's a thought: Why talk about it? What you do outside of work is your business. I have a friend who smokes and is hardly "going green" in many terms but she works for a magazine that promotes it and she often hears people make remarks about smoking. She says "so what" to herself and smokes like a chimney after work all she wants. No one at work knows she doesn't recycle and smokes!

Why reveal it? It's no one's business! Perhaps you reveal it looking for acceptance? It's not necessary in my opinion. Be who you are and go to work and do your work, that simple

Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Keep your dressing habits to yourself. I'm glad Chicago is the way you think it is!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Keep your dressing habits to yourself. I'm glad Chicago is the way you think it is!
You do know what "bear" means in the context of discussing gays, right?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 AM

78 posts, read 232,066 times
Quote:
*raises hand* Ooh ooh I do!!!

LOL

Old 09-24-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
LMFAO!!! All I can say is the mere thought of a "Bear" is.... uhhh wheres the barf face in the smilies column on here? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago