Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:22 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
I'm looking. I was turned down for one place, was told other applicants were a better fit. It was a great unit for the price, I think the other people threw in a couple of extra bucks. Apparently a 750 credit score and a decent paying job is not enough . That being said I need to find a place and move out in 2 weeks
What are you looking for and where? If I find you a place through my a few bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,941,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
What are you looking for and where? If I find you a place through my a few bones.
the lady doesnt have a job so were downsizing a bit and since we have so much junk were trying to get a decent size place.

$1000ish, want a decent size nice 2br, easy parking, not garden, next to an L stop or bus that would get me to Union Station daily. Was looking at Tri taylor, east pilsenm around the Damen blue, western blue, division blue pretty much any area thats not overly ghetto. Think I might give Logan Sq a shot.

Im just sour cuz I just about had a newly renovated 3br, w/ attic, 2 car garage, top floor unit for 980 including electric. Right next to my bus stop too

Old 05-12-2010, 11:24 PM

11,973 posts, read 31,635,920 times
Has anyone noticed that Reside Living is slowly taking over half of the North Side? At least around here they are.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 PM

15,585 posts, read 27,438,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Has anyone noticed that Reside Living is slowly taking over half of the North Side? At least around here they are.
I think they are a very old company that changed their name and jacked up prices.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM

98 posts, read 344,199 times
I have a 2b/2b 1400 sq ft condo in East Lakeview I'm trying to rent. My carrying costs are 3200/mo. I can't even get 1600/mo and now dropping the price to 1400/mo. Renting is disgustingly cheap, and I mean so disgusting that anyone paying on a recent mortgage really has to take a hard look.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:02 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,224,559 times
Our building had a letter posted regarding rent. Apparently this year's prices are the same as last and the year before that. So I guess no increase in two years isn't so bad.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,363,209 times
I just renewed my lease. For the past year I have been renting a 2br/2ba condo over in the Noble Square/Wicker Park area. Top floor, amazing skyline views, jetted tub, swedish body spray in the shower, etc, for $1900/mo. I was going to move back to Lakeview, and thought I had found something good, but the landlord (actually just the builder, who wanted to sell it but there are no buyers) was acting shady, so I said forget it, and just renewed instead. He seemed desparate to sell the unit, and so I have been in this situation before with these wanna-be Donald Trumps who thought they were going to be millionaires in the housing market. I figured it wasnt worth the risk of moving into this unit, only to be askwed to leave a year later when the guy wants to try to sell the unit (or the bank forces him to do so). That did happen to me a couple of years ago; I was renting a unit, and the landlord asked me to leave because he wanted to try to sell it.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,113,735 times
In reality, fully rented units sell better than empty rental units. It alwats did. The exception is when renters do not maintain their unit in an acceptible manner and slumlords refuse to make repairs. .

Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 AM

12,385 posts, read 28,391,021 times
why is ravenswood so expensive???

also i am finding gold coast/old town apts the same price or even cheaper than most of them in lincolnpark or east lakeview and wrigleyville... is this true?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 AM

51 posts, read 121,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
I'm looking. I was turned down for one place, was told other applicants were a better fit. It was a great unit for the price, I think the other people threw in a couple of extra bucks. Apparently a 750 credit score and a decent paying job is not enough . That being said I need to find a place and move out in 2 weeks
look at Roger's Park. We just nabbed a beauty 2/2ba for under 1K - wood floors, granite in the new kit, brand spanking new appliances....hopefully the utilities will not kill us

2 dogs allowed, near the metro/metra whatever it is called, on a cul-de-sac with a crazy diverse neighborhood - love it, I tell ya! To top it all the prop.manager is a super friendly, super nice guy. And that is my experience with a lot of l/l, p/ms in the Chicago area. They are so friendly! (I am also comparing to the snob l/ls we had in Pitt during my first sem there.)

I needed one room for the office, but hey I can always lease/share a commercial space outside! Think about it Long. What can you do without?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago