Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 AM

1,325 posts, read 4,196,545 times

Advertisements

I would suggest that you stay in the North Michigan Avenue area. This is very safe and plenty of other tourists. There are many hotels on the side streets within a couple of blocks of N Michigan Avenue. You might want to go to priceline.com and put in a bid for a hotel in this zone of the city (unless you need a certain number of beds, etc and then it gets more complicated when bidding on priceline). Or, check out expedia.com, hotels.com, and travelocity.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,604,670 times
There are like 500 hotels in the city. Most are perfectly acceptable to stay in. It all depends what you are going to do and where you are going to go.

I always use www.hotwire.com.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 AM

6 posts, read 7,335 times
I've heard that Wrigleyville is the ideal place to stay...how true is that? And we are wanting to stay in an area were there are restraunts, nice niteclubs, sportsbars and of course walking distance from everything else. My husband will be celebrating his 44th b-day the weekend we are there can you recommend a place that will let you reserve for special occassions. Im not looking for anything real fancy or pricey, just nice and lots of fun. Does the Northside offer all of this?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM

I've heard that Wrigleyville is the ideal place to stay...how true is that? And we are wanting to stay in an area were there are restraunts, nice niteclubs, sportsbars and of course walking distance from everything else. My husband will be celebrating his 44th b-day the weekend we are there can you recommend a place that will let you reserve for special occassions. Im not looking for anything real fancy or pricey, just nice and lots of fun. Does the Northside offer all of this?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 AM

308 posts, read 757,552 times
As far as Wrigleyville, I honestly don't even really know of many if any places to stay. It's very residential with apartments and homes and I can't think of any hotels off of the top of my head.

The good news is that the downtown area, North Michigan Avenue as others have pointed out, has a ton of a hotels. If you stay there, for example, you have a ton of bars, nightclubs, restaurants at your disposal in that area alone. If you want to go to other bars like in Wrigleyville, it's a short train ride and the train is right around there and drops you off right at Wrigleyville. All of that stuff that you're looking for is available in the downtown area that has been mentioned and other hot spot areas are easily accessable via a train ride.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:06 AM

48 posts, read 206,849 times
My girlfriend and I spent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago and we stayed at the Seneca Hotel. Nothing luxurious about it, but it was clean and affordable. It is located a block off Michigan Ave behind the John Hancock Tower, and is a quick walk to the red line Chicago Street station. The biggest thing is getting an idea of what you want to visit and pick something in that area.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:16 AM

Thanks, your information helps me get a better picture of Michigan Ave. I will consider staying in that area. I will have to find a hotel that is reasonably affordable since we are talking downtown area.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 AM

The area where the Senca is located would you consider it a safe area. My main concern is area and safety. As far as what we are wanting to do would be pretty much everything such as going to a Cubs game, nitelife, 'sbar hopping, and dancing. It's four couples that will be visiting Chicago for four day's and looking for a hell of a SAFE good time.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UICJohn View Post
As far as Wrigleyville, I honestly don't even really know of many if any places to stay. It's very residential with apartments and homes and I can't think of any hotels off of the top of my head...
Nope. There are a decent number in Lake View. Here are a few of them.

Days Inn 644 W Diversey Pkwy
Boutique Hotels Lincoln Park | Chicago Business Hotel | Days Inn, Chicago, IL

Best Western 3434 N Broadway
Chicago, Illinois boutique hotel near downtown - Best Western Hawthorne Terrace

Majestic 528 West Brompton

City Suites 933 West Belmont

The Willows 555 West Surf

Luxury Chicago Hotel * Luxury Chicago Hotels * Luxury Chicago Hotel Lakeview * City Inns of Chicago (http://www.cityinns.com/index.php - broken link)

and in Lincoln Park

Belden Stratford Hotel Chicago

Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycardo13 View Post
...Im not looking for anything real fancy or pricey, just nice and lots of fun. Does the Northside offer all of this?
What is your definition of pricey? Many people have different ideas when it comes to what is pricey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago