Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,592 times

Advertisements

Looking for a condo/townhouse in Chicago.

Would like a 2Bed/2Bath
-close to 290 and or 90.
-ideal spots would be West Loop, South Loop, Loop, Oak Park, Univ Village, Med District
-atleast 1 car garage and a spot for the second car
-ideally "new construction", but if the house is run down a little bit, that's ok, I can fix it up a little
-ideally looking for something <300K
-Would prefer an area that is "safe" and not in a 'transitional' place.

If you have something like this or know someone that does, please post here.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaplace View Post
Looking for a condo/townhouse in Chicago.

Would like a 2Bed/2Bath
-close to 290 and or 90.
-ideal spots would be West Loop, South Loop, Loop, Oak Park, Univ Village, Med District
-atleast 1 car garage and a spot for the second car
-ideally "new construction", but if the house is run down a little bit, that's ok, I can fix it up a little
-ideally looking for something <300K
-Would prefer an area that is "safe" and not in a 'transitional' place.

If you have something like this or know someone that does, please post here.
Thanks

< 300K will buy you a very small space in all of the areas you named. A 900 square foot 1 bed/bath loft in the South Loop should be in the $250k region, plus $25k or so for a parking space. The prices go up exponentially as the space increases. A 2 bed/bath in any of the areas you mentioned would probably be in the $400k ballpark. And watch for high assessments on the older, vintage buildings. When I was looking at condos in Oak Park a few years back, I was seeing assessments as high as $450/month. Old charm can sure have a price.

Oak Park's neighbors Berwyn and Forest Park will yield much more for your money. Both are up and coming but not the "the bars may come off the windows in 5 years" kind of up and coming. They are safe. Berwyn is the better value (IMHO) but it doesn't have a lot of townhomes. Mostly bungalows and larger Victorians. There are some new loft projects going up on Roosevelt Road for well below your budget (on Berwyn's side and the Oak Park side also). You may want to check those out. FP has newer townhomes along Circle Ave. near the end of the Blue Line but I have no idea on pricing. I think < $300k would be pushing it.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,347 times
Default Oak Park

H, I'm really familiar with Oak Park, in fact,In fact, I sit on the Board at a Condo here. Are you still insterested in Oak Park?

Old 12-30-2008, 08:47 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deffie View Post
H, I'm really familiar with Oak Park, in fact,In fact, I sit on the Board at a Condo here. Are you still insterested in Oak Park?
I know you mean well but this thread is almost 2 YEARS old!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: